DCI Live! final season thoughts?

fewer freezes, but some audio issues at some shows, and it seemed like they never planned on adjusting.

but it needs DVR badly.

• Like 1

Worked well for me except some questionable audio at a few shows (Allentown, Denton, etc). A few times they had the left and right channels reversed and Emilie from customer service notified them to fix it.

It was obvious that there were two different teams doing this. One was good, one was bad.

I was glad to see them fix the repetitive commercial issue from early season (seeing a commercial every time you had to log back in). ON a live show, commercials that stop you from seeing what is LIVE is a bad thing.

I would like to see the ability to stream via xbox one, PS4, etc. Neulion is now doing the NHL streaming and it seems like an independent Neulion app for machines would be doable.

I have no complaints except lack of DVR and archive to watch shows when more convenient.

• Like 1

I enjoyed what I did get to watch and thought the quality was fine - but I really really REALLY miss the archives and will be very sad if those are a thing of the past. I am not sure if I will subscribe next year or not. Part of me wants to boycott until the archives/VOD options come back - if they ever come back.

• Like 1

Having the fastest internet connection possible by Time Warner in my area, plus the latest and greatest modem and router, I am not ready to jump on the band wagon about how great DCI Live is. The fact is, it can be better. Any freezing, in my estmation, is not satisfactory. We stilll experienced periodic freezing - not too bad - especially compared to past years. But, it's still not where I'd like the service to be. I'd give past broadcasts a 5 out of 10. I'd up the rating to 7.5, perhaps 8. But again, there is room for improvement. Overall, the value is good.

The biggest gripe I have is the inability to have access the archived shows. Here's hoping we get some of what many of us took for granted back very soon!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I have no complaints except lack of DVR and archive to watch shows when more convenient.

Same for me. (Yes, I'm lazy this morning.)

We got our money's worth from it. Didn't watch every show, but saw the ones we wanted, and had lots of friends over during the season to share drum corps. The rewindability was key, even as time-limited as it was. Quality was good enough, though the audio would benefit from a complete re-think.

Not sure we'd continue to subscribe on this one-and-done basis, though. I gladly paid the money this year on the understanding that DCI had made the best lemonade it could out of the copyright lemons it had, and that DCI wanted to get back to offering DVR and archive service. So if 2015 was a hang-with-us kind of year, the legal issues are worked out, and 2016 brings the return of the wayback machine, we'll sign up again. If DCI sees the 2015, appointment-viewing model as the future, even if it comes to terms with the copyright lawyers, then I'll probably sit on my wallet.