I didn't see a thread for this show, to be hosted by the Hurricanes (and the Bridgeport Police Activities League) this Saturday.

Here is the website. The show starts at 7:00 p.m. The venue is John F. Kennedy Stadium, which Google tells me is on U.S. Rte. 1 (North Ave.) between Park Ave. and Main Ave. in Bridgeport, CT (zip 06606).

There are three corps performing in exhibition:

Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

Connecticut Alumni

Park City Pride

And six in competition:

Hurricanes

Caballeros

Kidsgrove Scouts

Sunrisers

Skyliners

Excelsior

The site doesn't say, but presumably those are in reverse performance order--and probably with the exhibition corps following.

According to the seating chart, as of today, 218 of the 320 reserved seats (@ $15) have sold. No indication on how the general admission seats (@ $10) are selling. I am curious about the notation reading "Candadians order 14, 7 8".

I won't be there, but I look forward to news from anyone who is.

• Like 1

I'll be there slingin' souvies for Cabs - Loving the drive to this one, only 18 miles from home. After retreat, cleanup, and a diner stop, I'll still be home by midnight-ish! :tounge2: . Bringing four noobies with me, two who did band and/or guard in high school, two who have no idea what this thing I spend my weekends on is. Can't wait to get their take on the evening.

Far as performance order, I don't KNOW, but I'm thinkin' two exhibitions before the DCA corps, then one waiting for scores?

If you're within driving distance, it's looking like a great weather night, at a classic drum corps stadium, with a really interesting lineup. All for ten or fifteen bucks!

Anybody here who ends up going to Beepo, stop by Cab's souvies and say hey - I'll be easy to pick out, as I'll be the only guy there among our souvie ladies (And probably wearing a shirt louder than anything Fran ever dared to!).

PS - Don't go looking for an entrance to the stadium from North Ave as noted above. There ain't one.

Look for Lincoln Blvd, between Park Ave and Madison Ave, and you can't miss the school's gates at the end of the road.

Edited by grenadasmoothie

P.S. Don't go looking for an entrance to the stadium from North Ave. as noted above. There ain't one.

Look for Lincoln Blvd., between Park Ave. and Madison Ave., and you can't miss the school's gates at the end of the road.

I'm glad you pointed that out, as I certainly didn't want to misdirect people (based on the Google map).

• Like 1

I'm glad you pointed that out, as I certainly didn't want to misdirect people (based on the Google map).

You should've seen the route Google sent me on to get to Passaic County Tech the first time Cabs moved the Grand Prix there. Oy!

As with the Barnum Festival, this show comes with it's own set of problems.

The stadium field is finished but the parking lots are not! They informed us that the Lincoln Blvd. entrance will be closed Saturday as they are not finished repaving the parking lots. They are going to have extra police and security people there to direct folks where to park. Soooooo plan on getting there a little early.

Skyliners Alumni though not listed in the flyer will be performing an exhibition. They are going on before the show. I don't know about the other alumni corps. Cabs Alumni will be going on after the show.

Good Luck and safe travels to all.

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

Having failed so miserably at previous predictions, what's the harm in doing so again?

Bridgeport

92.9 Caballeros

89.9 Kidsgrove Scouts

84.8 Sunrisers

81.8 Hurricanes

76.5 Skyliners

68.2 Excelsior

Reading

93.4 Buccaneers

90.5 Cadets2

88.7 White Sabers

88.2 Fusion Core

83.7 Carolina Gold

81.7 Bushwackers

70.2 Thunderbirds

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Several interesting storylines at this show.

How high will Cabs' score be... can Sun stay ahead of Hurcs, who are known for coming on strong late in a given season... how much momentum can Sky and Excelsior gain going into Open Class and Class A Prelims....and, of course, where will Kidsgrove fit in.

Gonna make sure I have some caffeine with dinner, so I can stay up and catch the scores. :tongue:

Several interesting storylines at this show.

How high will Cabs' score be... can Sun stay ahead of Hurcs, who are known for coming on strong late in a given season... how much momentum can Sky and Excelsior gain going into Open Class and Class A Prelims....and, of course, where will Kidsgrove fit in.

Gonna make sure I have some caffeine with dinner, so I can stay up and catch the scores. :tongue:

I'm thinkin' scores by 10-ish, so we Connecticut folks shouldn't keep you up TOO late :cool:

I'll be there slingin' souvies for Cabs - Loving the drive to this one, only 18 miles from home. After retreat, cleanup, and a diner stop, I'll still be home by midnight-ish! :tounge2: . Bringing four noobies with me, two who did band and/or guard in high school, two who have no idea what this thing I spend my weekends on is. Can't wait to get their take on the evening.

Far as performance order, I don't KNOW, but I'm thinkin' two exhibitions before the DCA corps, then one waiting for scores?

If you're within driving distance, it's looking like a great weather night, at a classic drum corps stadium, with a really interesting lineup. All for ten or fifteen bucks!

Anybody here who ends up going to Beepo, stop by Cab's souvies and say hey - I'll be easy to pick out, as I'll be the only guy there among our souvie ladies (And probably wearing a shirt louder than anything Fran ever dared to!).

PS - Don't go looking for an entrance to the stadium from North Ave as noted above. There ain't one.

Look for Lincoln Blvd, between Park Ave and Madison Ave, and you can't miss the school's gates at the end of the road.

:ninja:

Oh Sure!!! Don't count your chickens my friend - Fran's aloha shirts are a bit hard to top (better use NEON colors) :tounge2:

Running and hiding now!!! :bleah:

Pat

• Like 1

:ninja:

Oh Sure!!! Don't count your chickens my friend - Fran's aloha shirts are a bit hard to top (better use NEON colors) :tounge2:

Running and hiding now!!! :bleah:

Pat

I dunno, Pat. Judge for yourself - - -

116340.JPG

• Like 1