Fans Injured By Falling Roof Bolt At LOS

I don't think it's a time issue with the roof being open/closed. It costs many thousands of dollars in order to do it as well.

I don't understand - why is that? I'm sure there is more involved than just throwing a switch, but thousands of dollars?

Edited by cf144

I don't understand - why is that? I'm sure there is more involved than just throwing a switch, but thousands of dollars?

I suspect there is an array of staff required to be on sight in the event of the roof needing to open or close. Paying said staffers a premium for all-day Thursday & Friday, and all afternoon Saturday would be expensive

The twitter user (Amber Meranda - @amberwvzz) that posted the picture marched Star of Indiana.

I am wholly amused that not only did someone pick up on this, but also that another person alerted me to it so that I would come look.

Haha. Carry on kids. That roof will stay closed during DCI always. They do open and close it occasionally during games. I bet they won't anymore though.

Edited by amberwaves
  • Like 1

I don't know the exact reason, but I believe I have seen/heard the figure is something in the $15,000 range.

build a roof you can open but o drainage on the field, and now you open it and it starts falling apart.

yeah it'll never open during DCI.

EVER

build a roof you can open but o drainage on the field, and now you open it and it starts falling apart.

yeah it'll never open during DCI.

EVER

It's not just that. The acoustical/backdrop curtains can't be used with the roof open. Setting the stadium up with those curtains is a many-person, many-hour project.

It's not just that. The acoustical/backdrop curtains can't be used with the roof open. Setting the stadium up with those curtains is a many-person, many-hour project.

oh I know. and the roof opening means nothing because of the windows.

they tease people about opening the roof to shut us up. it wont happen