What if Corps Swapped Programs?

CROWN SHOULD HAVE WON!!!

Oops. Sorry. Wrong room. :silly:

Lol. You're entitled. I thought so too. I still think Crown and Cadets got snubbed by the judges. Top 4 corps should have been very close and Crown should have won. Incoming Cappybombs five four three two one 😷🙈🙉
  • Like 1

Lol. You're entitled. I thought so too. I still think Crown and Cadets got snubbed by the judges. Top 4 corps should have been very close and Crown should have won. Incoming Cappybombs five four three two one

I respect that you thought Crown should have won. I think BD should have won in 2008 even though i know DCP will disagree with this. I thought they was way cleaner than PR on finals night. But 08 BD and Crown this year had the same issue. Percussion. BD this year had no weakness.

• Like 1

GE judges would dump Cadets for BD. look at that demand! Who would play and march this show but you BD. 99.85! Cadets, what's with the poles, ladders, books and clutter? Didn't you learn anything after those dreadful towers of 2913.... 5th place.

Cadets dragged 61 props onto the field at finals this year. Fail.

• Like 1

Lol. No one could do BD style shows. It's too unique to them. Everyone else has such a similar way of constructing and teaching shows. BD is in another league.

I'd love to see BD15 march/play Cadets15 and vice versa. That would be interesting!

It's an interesting hypothetical. I think BD would have the upper hand in these kinds of swaps, IMHO. They just have very high standards in terms of individual visual talent and capabilities, and play/spin as well as any corps. All that said, the level of the top 4-5 groups is pretty amazing. Along with that high level comes the suitability of the members to the program, both on and off the field. With the widely divergent show and corps styles, there are members who fit the style, attitude, musical and visual requirements of the programs. It's sort of fun to imagine what might happen, but I'm happy with who the corps are, and what they do. Makes for an entertaining show when they all get together.

• Like 1

Here are some that I think would be interesting to see how each corps would handle a former championship program by a different corps...

Blue Devils: Cadets 2005 -- more obscure, storytelling

Carolina Crown: Phantom 2008 -- general effect & brass

Bluecoats: Vanguard 1999 -- minimalistic & percussion

Cadets: Blue Devils 2009 -- americana

Vanguard: Cavaliers 2006 -- build off 2015 & percussion

Blue Knights: Cadets 2000 -- think they would really pull this one off

Phantom: Cavaliers 2002 -- kuhn's drum book

Scouts: Blue Devils 1999 -- fun latin jazz

Cavaliers: Cadets 2011 -- design team/arrangers would do some interesting things

I could really see BD doing great playing PR 1996

That'd be incredible. Especially with their jazzy balance of sound.

If we're talking actual creative takes on other corps' shows then I got nothing. Given the exact same show design however....

I'd love to see BD tackle Crown 2012.

Or Crown do PR 2010

Or Caveliers to Boston Crusaders 2008.

Or for giggles, PR do Crown 2009.

Edited by Barifonium