2015 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Here's the final six Open Class scores:Kidsgrove Scouts - 92.350Fusion Core - 90.700Minnesota Brass - 94.980Cadets2 - 95.780Hawthorne Caballeros - 95.200Reading Buccaneers - 97.230

Just as tossed and turned as discussed in here this week. And no reason to believe it won't change more tomorrow !

Hmmm these scores don't make sense to me....

MB in 4th?

Cadets2 passing both the Cabs and MB?

A 2 point gap between 1st and 2nd? I thought Bucs had it but not by that much. I'll have to think this over some more.

Pretty crazy stuff . I bet things get "clarified " somewhat " tomorrow night

That C2 show was the best of everything I saw two weeks ago in Clifton. They needed to clean feet, make the impacts bigger, and I'm guessing (seeing as how far along that show was) they changed a few things, and fixed the accellerando that was a mess. They other two were just ok shows. Felt like something I saw last year. Feet were a mess in Cabs and Bux, and to be honest, C2 had the least fracked notes and best releases.

I wasn't there, so I'll take your word for it regarding Cadets2. But a part of me still really doesn't like the 2 point spread, especially if Bucs feet were a mess as well. A 2 point spread pretty much means the Bucs are a lock to win it all. That kinda bothers me.

Edited by Name

I wasn't there, so I'll take your word for it regarding Cadets2. But a part of me still really doesn't like the 2 point spread, especially if Bucs feet were a mess as well. A 2 point spread pretty much means the Bucs are a lock to win it all. That kinda bothers me.

I didn't see that feed tonight. My comments were about what I saw two weeks ago. Just being in drum corps enough years, I do know that while it shouldn't inhibit a corps placement, historical success does help future placements. Yeah, people are going to argue that statement until they want to put their cat through the screen, but it does influence decision. Sorry, we've seen it happen. I think anything can happen tomorrow. Its 1.5. So i'll remain optimistic that either A. C2 cleans that show and has a surprise up their sleave or that B. Bux impress by playing and moving like a different corps from what I saw two weeks ago. If they still split attacks and blow through releases on finals night someone needs a trip to human resources for a stern talking to.

• Like 1

I am in the press box, just to the right of the Side 1 30.

Gah. Yet another chance to meet you missed. About the time you typed this, I was arriving at the stadium, and thus never saw your answer.

The British and American national anthems have played and we are ready to go!

Both prerecorded. A missed opportunity to involve more local high school bands in the show, I'd say (besides the one whose members were selling programs): have a band or two in to play these pieces live, give their students cheap tickets, and thus get them interested in drum corps.

After buying into last year's Fan Network, and all the problems last year, I decided not to buy it again.

So John Mayer was not dedicating the Govies' last number to you.

Solo contra and pit play the "Under Pressure" rhythm. Or is it "Ice, Ice, Baby"? :D

"Ice, Ice, Baby" was the answer to a picture-quiz question Tuesday on the television show Hollywood Game Night. The contestants were shown an image of an infant between Ice T and Ice Cube and asked to identify the song portrayed.

Shameless plug: I am the Minne-Brass artistic director and last night we performed the music of the Hornheads. The crowd loved it an many asked about who the Hornheads are. Here is a sample of their incredible virtuosity.

Oh, nice! I loved your show and, as I mentioned in the I&E thread, thought it should place second last night.

(Of course, being so impressed by your performance, I kept thinking of the corps with small hornlines at Prelims today: "Why can't they sound a little more like Minne Brass?")