Go Cadets!

Tobias

i'll know more when i watch the broadcast tomorrow night.

Agreed

But have they even been sent a application form to send in a dues check yet ?

It took MBI what? 30 years??

I believe 1977 was the first trip out for MBI, 1986 was their first finalist appearance. 1991 began 'The Streak', 2nd longest current finalist streak in DCA after Cabs. 1999 they took 4th, beating Cabs for the first time, and it wasn't until their first 2nd place finish in 2008 that they finally topped Empire. After a few more 2nds, the elusive title was captured in 2011. You all can do that math on all that LOL

Cabs do not venture more than 20 yards on either side of the 50 for approx. 3/4 of their show. This just may have something to do with it.

Cabs drill is pretty weak compared to 2014 (one of the best DCA shows in years, imo). It does have it's impressive moments, but I'll agree it's not a strong point. I really need to look at the recaps.

Cabs drill is pretty weak compared to 2014 (one of the best DCA shows in years, imo). It does have it's impressive moments, but I'll agree it's not a strong point. I really need to look at the recaps.

I think its just... eh. It's a show based around characterization of the performer, and not of making forms on the field. You move, chain, play, characterize, unchain... rinse repeat. And you see this characterization over and over .... It feels like it was missing something to me. It was also not played well two weeks ago. That's my honest opinion. Split attacks and blown releases does not define a well played show. I dont know how they sounded tonight, but i'll hear it tomorrow. How was the audio on the feed tonight? Anyone have a comparison between when you saw corps live vs feed?

Edited by C.Holland

I think its just... eh. It's a show based around characterization of the performer, and not of making forms on the field. You move, chain, play, characterize, unchain... rinse repeat. And you see this characterization over and over .... It feels like it was missing something to me. It was also not played well two weeks ago. That's my honest opinion. Split attacks and blown releases does not define a well played show. I dont know how they sounded tonight, but i'll hear it tomorrow. How was the audio on the feed tonight? Anyone have a comparison between when you saw corps live vs feed?

I know some people "involved" with Hawthorne, and it does seem like their brass line is consideredably weaker than it was in 2014. Not really sure why. I assume it's just people leaving. I like their show a good deal more than you do, but yeah, it's definitely got some problems.

They should've gotten Yamahas instead of Jupiters ;)

Edited by Name

I know some people "involved" with Hawthorne, and it does seem like their brass line is consideredably weaker than it was in 2014. Not really sure why. I assume it's just people leaving. I like their show a good deal more than you do, but yeah, it's definitely got some problems.

They should've gotten Yamahas instead of Jupiters ;)

I admit being only a season or two new to DCA. But last years Cabs didn't have the same brass problems I heard this year. I'm not saying they're terrible, but I feel like I heard lots of consistency concerns across the line this season. Like fundamentals are not as strong as stuff I've youtubed from the last decade or so.

The flip-flop of the seedings vs. actual scores indicates that the judges di what so many in here claim is their job: to score that show on that night.....and they did so with an open mind.

An aside: We almost had a penalty cost a corps a finals slot. Even without the 0.4, it would not have been enough for Gold to grab the 10th spot.