2015 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals

Next on the field is the Kilties from Racine, Wisconsin. Their 2015 program is entitled "A Tour of Time: Old Friends. New Adventures" and consists of:

My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music) by Rodgers, Richard

First Suite in E-Flat by Holst, Gustav

English Dances by Arnold, Malcolm

Skye Boat Song by Boulton, Harold

Skye Boat Song

Loch Lomond by Luboff, Norman

• Like 1

Pit and drums start this show. We hear glimpses of Kiltie favorites like My Favorite Things and Auld Lang Syne.

Horns come in and, after the intro, begin playing the Holst suite, one of my favorite band compositions.

• Like 1

The bass line is using ErgoSonic bass drums. These allow the line to play the bass with similar technique to the rest of the drum line, creating a different audio and visual experience as a result.

Now in English Dances. Contra basses have a great feature in this section of the show.

Drum solo in the middle of the selection. Pit making use of synth bass and piano to augment the solo.

The ballad is Skye Boat Song, a piece I've had the pleasure of performing with the Brass Band of the Western Reserve. All of the guard is on flag, but one has a solo midfield and has a different flag than the rest. It looks kind of like the new Doctor Who intro, very cool.

Pit and drums start this show. We hear glimpses of Kiltie favorites like My Favorite Things and Auld Lang Syne.Horns come in and, after the intro, begin playing the Holst suite, one of my favorite band compositions.

Don't know about live, but they sound muddy compared to normal bass drum on the stream

Kilties:

11947559_10205624992239037_9751510893043

• Like 1

Nice low brass sound during the closer!