2015 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals

You can record live streams with any computer at 100% stream quality. It's not even hard, though you will have to spend about $40 on software.

Screencast-o-matic is completely free, may have a watermark - I forget. I use it to record my drill in Pyware for my students.

There are ways to record that stuff while it's live. The quality is not all that great, but it can be done. U just need a Linux machine to do it.

Well, I was actually in the stadium, so . . .

Yep.....a lot of burying going on, but I think a salient point was that Bucs deserved the win....challenging arrangements and drill, but they did not decimate the field.

It doesn't matter if they decimate the field. What matters is the cohesive effort of the whole. That's always been preached about since Day 1 at Bucs.

It doesn't matter if they decimate the field. What matters is the cohesive effort of the whole. That's always been preached about since Day 1 at Bucs.

Not only that, they laid their best performance of the year on the field last night, on a night where the corps behind them looked to have done the same. They were substantially better Sunday then they were in prelims (we stuck around and watched them both nights).

It's also completely worthless for 99% of the population.

Just because 99% of the population is wrong does not make them right

I had to chuckle last night at some of the comments from DCP Forum members and the moderator. The tenth through second place corps received nothing but praise and positive comments. Reading however had dirt in the percussion, guard issues and some phasing and alignment problems, while everyone is watching them live and at home simply decimating the field within the first 2 minutes of their program!

that's not actually true - for example the moderator commented about C2s major ensemble tear

that's not actually true - for example the moderator commented about C2s major ensemble tear

Cadets2 had a pretty significant vertical battery-to-pit tear right where Kevin said it was, but (luckily) it was pretty much confined to percussion only. It lasted the duration of the big percussion break, but recovered just before the brass entrance. As bad as the tear was, the recovery was very impressive, and since recovery is a major criteria on the ensemble sheet, it probably didn't affect them too much.

Edited by Kamarag

The main reason their brass sounded so good is because they have a great arranger and brass team.

That "they only sound good cause they don't move" criticism is lazy and wrong, especially when we're talking about a group that medalled.

Please remember... in the world of VO Reason, if a DCA corps is not moving every second of their show just like many DCI corps, then they are not moving at all and should be severely punished, if not outright banned from ever participating in drum corps again, for the fact that they simply are not trying to do a DCI drill on a DCA time schedule. :tongue:

• Like 3

Please remember... in the world of VO Reason, if a DCA corps is not moving every second of their show just like many DCI corps, then they are not moving at all and should be severely punished, if not outright banned from ever participating in drum corps again, for the fact that they simply are not trying to do a DCI drill on a DCA time schedule. :tongue:

:ninja:

:withstupid:

I think you're correct Fran! If Mr. "Reason" has expectations about the amount of MOTION time of the DCA show - I can attest to having seen many of today's DCI corps doing many "park and bark" sections in order to expose high grade parts of the show for the maximum impact upon the adjudicators - if they were playing those parts at high velocity - nobody would get any upgrade in difficulty EXCEPT for THAT. - It's difficult. If you try and perform some of those passages with difficult meter and or articulation at a constant high speed drill - even the DCI corps are going to have an issue or two.

I can remember DCA shows where a number of corps had LESS than 40-45 seconds of 'stop time' in the 10 to 11 minute shows - and the scores NEVER if EVER showed the credit for that type of difficulty. It was for that reason that DCI somewhat adopted going back to a 'bit' more "park and bark" spots - and thereby 'decreased' the musicality of the shows in order to balance out the extended sections of high speed drill and field coverage.

I love the high-speed movement - heck, those that know me know I'd be STILL on the field if it were physically possible to do so (even after a 5-way bypass 10 years ago) - but if V O thinks any of the DCA corps (sans 1) can do that DCI type of show on the amount of time ANYBODY with a LIFE can put into this - it's time to - as one of our frequent posters so eloquently uses as his/her screen name - SHUT UP and Play your Guitar !!!!!!!

Sorry gang - I thought that issue was dead a long time ago - rant over - I'm just still trying to recover from the trip & 2 days in the sun hawking t-shirts and such!

Pat :soapbox:

• Like 1