DCA '15, 35 corps, great performances, not-so-great attendance

Free Nachos would go a long way to filling those empty seats.

And 10-cent beers.

Guaranteed to fill any stadium, anywhere. :tongue:

Has SUNY Albany ever been considered? Located at the intersection of 87 and 90. New stadium with upper deck. Give away the seat outside the 20 yd lines to youth groups.

http://www.albany.edu/map/

An issue with college stadiums is that you could/would have football conflicts. Also, with all of the students on on campus for classes, parking could be a bit of a nightmare. I know I myself had said about Bucknell, but as long as school is in session and sports have started, they cater to their athletics.

I'll start with expanding the social media presence and hype, starting with the recruiting of a college student in need of volunteer hours or internship hours or just a solid resume item to revamp the DCACorps.og website. It needs immediate improvement and the expertise undoubtedly exists in the dca-college student community.

When you speak with that person about the website ask them if they can make either a dark mode for the forums or just altogether make it a different color rather than white. As a audio/video engineer I can say that you've probably noticed a lot of websites moving away from white themes or at least if you use google chrome there are extensions now for those websites that allow a darker theme. A lot of times when people come to a page that is all white they don't tend to stick around very long due to eye strain. Might seem really minuscule but it's something that we don't consciously think about but it's there and it's just one tip that I can think of to give about the website. :)

35 corps, maybe 2500 - 3000 performers & staff and admin directly involved with the event. I find it hard to believe that 4000+ tickets can't be sold for these events with a minimal amount of word of mouth marketing by all those with a stake in the game. Have each corps sell a block of 50-100 tickets and your almost there. Make it a fun weekend getaway, fill a bus with fans, include tickets for all the events in the package and throw in a t-shirt. Bam!

well, when say maybe 3o of those groups are 5 or more hours away from the destination, it does make it harder

• Like 1

yup, and that is/will be the case wherever finals is held,................

Except, say, a location in NJ... where numerous corps are based, including those relatively nearby in PA, NY and CT.

Edited by Fran Haring

So I'm late to this conversation, but...

A couple of pages back some folks talked about reaching the youth market - and I agree. Reach them by including them - I think DCA needs to consider a weekend only junior age division.

that might wipe out some corps of today. The age has dropped that dramatically. Corps can also choose like cadets 2 did.

With that said with championships that late in the season it could also prevent some from participating. I know for many it can be an issue.