Future Health of Alumni Type Corps?

JimF-LowBari

There's been at least some discussion, Jim about trying to create some arrangements for the Alumni to play that would sort of assume what would the corps do today, but there are just some issues there as well as to how it would be approached and who might feel it to be untenable. Right now, I'd just would hope we could recreate the '96 program for the 2016 profiles. We've done a fair amount of the program in concert already at one time or another- We'd need to work out Smoothie, Carnival, and bust on the parts of the Jazz Suite that are used in that program... then figure out how to make sure we have enough gas in the tank to blow though it all. I have a feeling at the end of it I'd just sit on the edge of the stage and keel over at this point. You really have to horse that book around, all high-energy stuff. :satisfied:

IF they trotted out 96...i'd think about coming back.

But the snares would have to water that #### down hard. They got no chops left

IF they trotted out 96...i'd think about coming back.

But the snares would have to water that #### down hard. They got no chops left

Well... maybe not those chops. LOL. That was some very high-rent stuff!!!

I'll come out for the 16th notes at the start of Smoothie. But I'll be sucking oxygen and packing my fingers in ice rest of the night....

... as for the rest of the show :shutup:

Well... maybe not those chops. LOL. That was some very high-rent stuff!!!

and I quote several o the snares:

"Carnival? No ####### way"

• 6 months later...

and it was announced that the Westshoremen will cease operations after the Hanover show

• Like 1

To be honest, the show hosts are going to have to try and get appearances by some of the active corps to fill the concert, things going full circle.

Like the Bucs' indoor show this year. Three DCA corps, three alumni-type corps. A nice mix. And like you said... perhaps a necessary one for future years.

• Like 1

Here is the idea, everyone that plays now is going to get older, when they do, they will get tired of doing shows, all the work etc. Alumni type Corps will or should offer the opportunity for these "older" people to play and enjoy drum corps. Nothing too hard, but still gives you that feeling you get when people enjoy your performance. As long as that happens, and people still get a little older and still want to perform, there will be venues for them called Alumni or whatever!!

Thought competing corps weren't that ready that early in the season or didn't want to come out looking unprepared. Last 5-10 years of Serenade In Brass at the Forum only saw Cabs competing once. When and why did that change?

Edited by JimF-LowBari