DCA Championships - How to Fix the Competition Problem

How DCA fans, alumni and corps don't get outraged when Buccaneers win 10 of 11 years, and your fans continue to disappear, is beyond me. I guess it's all good, as long as nobody rocks the boat too much, or challenges Reading.

Got courage? Or are we okay with watching DCA circle the drain? You can paint me as a troublemaker, again, but look at the historical record for the last decade in DCA. DCA for the last decade is a pale comparison of what DCA once was from a competition aspect, and that needs to be fixed, or DCA will die. It may take five years, it may take ten, but without change, DCA is coming to an end.

Simple as that.

DCA's fans disaapearing have largely to do with 3 things, and none of it involves who wins

1) death/old age. DCA's fan base is old.

2) location. it's become apparent Rochesters attendance isn't what it was 10 years ago

3) marketing aimed at the next generation. With #1 being an issue, you need this to replace and hopefully add bodies. But it's not happening.

Until you realize this and understand and accept it, you'll keep beating a dead horse that's not grounded in the real world.

• Like 4

Did Empire fold because of Reading? Syracuse? Renegades? No.

I guaran***tee you that Lee would not be saying the same thing if SCV was winning 10 out of 11 years.

But he claims to be a proud alumni, but he just wants to take them down about 5 pegs because they have their #### together.

Reading is not keeping people from going to shows. If anything, they are one of the reasons that people still go, because it's not a "hey let's get drunk and put on a show circuit" anymore in the eyes of DCI followers.

I hate to say it, but if DCA wants more people to come to shows, they need to tell DCI to stop having alumni at shows and ask for DCA corps for exhibitions. Many people just assume that is what DCA is all about.

• Like 1

Oh yea, and let's stop having finals is a dump location. I know the city loves to have us and will do anything to go there, but many people are tired of it.

Beg other cities to put in a bid.

Oh yea, and let's stop having finals is a dump location. I know the city loves to have us and will do anything to go there, but many people are tired of it.

Beg other cities to put in a bid.

:ninja:

Not to sound TOOO much like Jeff Ream - SUBMIT A BID!!!

It's the old "Put up or Shut Up" addage yet again.... "Anywhere but Rochester" - REALLY ????

Sure, I'd like to go somewhere else too - but unless you can write a BIG check to cover the costs of moving or get a better deal - 'nuff said, dude!

:tounge2:

Listen, I get it, we are at the mercy for cities to submit something for DCA.

Does that mean fans can't complain about the location?

DCI fans don't get a chance to pick the spot of championships, are they barred from ever talking negative about going to Indy every year?

Also, along the same topic, I wonder if because the nearest competitive corps has to drive 6 hours to the site, does that cost of transportation factor into the cost of championships?

:ninja:

Not to sound TOOO much like Jeff Ream - SUBMIT A BID!!!

It's the old "Put up or Shut Up" addage yet again.... "Anywhere but Rochester" - REALLY ????

Sure, I'd like to go somewhere else too - but unless you can write a BIG check to cover the costs of moving or get a better deal - 'nuff said, dude!

:tounge2:

yup. I don't like the place, but no one else is giving DCA the keys to the town for free.

granted in other places the scoreboard may work

• Like 1

Listen, I get it, we are at the mercy for cities to submit something for DCA.

Does that mean fans can't complain about the location?

DCI fans don't get a chance to pick the spot of championships, are they barred from ever talking negative about going to Indy every year?

Also, along the same topic, I wonder if because the nearest competitive corps has to drive 6 hours to the site, does that cost of transportation factor into the cost of championships?

the nearest competitive corps is 45 minutes down route 390

**** it! I forgot that the White Sabers were so close.

• Like 1

while just back,...........Erie is 2 1/2 hours away

thanks..i knew it wasn't too far but couldnt remember the exact distance