DCA Championships - How to Fix the Competition Problem

How DCA fans, alumni and corps don't get outraged when Buccaneers win 10 of 11 years, and your fans continue to disappear, is beyond me. I guess it's all good, as long as nobody rocks the boat too much, or challenges Reading.

Got courage? Or are we okay with watching DCA circle the drain? You can paint me as a troublemaker, again, but look at the historical record for the last decade in DCA. DCA for the last decade is a pale comparison of what DCA once was from a competition aspect, and that needs to be fixed, or DCA will die. It may take five years, it may take ten, but without change, DCA is coming to an end.

Simple as that.

and your answer is?

do you not think that no matter what changes are made winners simply know how to win? Same argument as Blue devils. Yeah lets condemn a corps for simply being good.

How DCA fans, alumni and corps don't get outraged when Buccaneers win 10 of 11 years, and your fans continue to disappear, is beyond me. I guess it's all good, as long as nobody rocks the boat too much, or challenges Reading.

Got courage? Or are we okay with watching DCA circle the drain? You can paint me as a troublemaker, again, but look at the historical record for the last decade in DCA. DCA for the last decade is a pale comparison of what DCA once was from a competition aspect, and that needs to be fixed, or DCA will die. It may take five years, it may take ten, but without change, DCA is coming to an end.

Simple as that.

There are corps that are on the upswing. Reading is riding high right now. Will the run end? Sure, everything does.

DCA has lost some pretty good competition in the last few years (Empire, Syracuse, Renegades). To bring those groups back, or introduce new competitors is a challenge all its own.

The performers are out there. The staffing for the corps is out there. It's just a matter of some brave souls (I'm one of them) that are willing to put themselves on the line (and in the line of fire) for being ones that step up and take action and not just wait around. PM me if you'd like to know anything or ask any questions.

I know it's no easy task, but even if starting with a group of individuals in Class A (like the Thunderbirds did this year after a long absence) and working up their numbers, yes, the competition will get better.

I'm crazy and I know this, but I'm willing to go the extra length because I love this activity so much!

Simple as that.

Naaaaa...I don't paint you as a trouble maker at all. You have passion for the activity! You may be right. You may be wrong. You raise valid concerns. In any event, you generated the conversation...and that's always a good thing, agree or disagree!

As you like to say, Rock on!

Simple as that.

"Got Courage?"... Start by looking at yourself? If you're soo concerned with how DCA is run, get in there and make changes. Please...help the activity grow instead of trolling on message boards and blog sites. I would love nothing more, than to go to a DCA championship and fight the crowds because of attendance.

• Like 1

"Got Courage?"... Start by looking at yourself? If you're soo concerned with how DCA is run, get in there and make changes. Please...help the activity grow instead of trolling on message boards and blog sites. I would love nothing more, than to go to a DCA championship and fight the crowds because of attendance.

Lee has done more to help DCA's marketing over the years than any of us posting here, and likely all of us combined. His TV commercial a few years ago for Rochester's championships was outstanding.

• Like 2

yet he still offers no answers when asked to explain

:ninja:

I think Lee has presented a number of suggestions and ideas to these forums for a long time - circumstances as they are and "the Game" as it's been and continues to be played, have probably given him cause to avoid confrontations with long time advocates of the continuing of the status quo.

I can't blame him for NOT being more vocal, except that I sense he has even more ideas - except the majority of "DCA Experts" will find a way to try and discredit his rants as so much jabberwocky. Not everything he lathers about is nonsense - unless you're from the "homeland" of the circuit, and treat him as just another member of the over-the-top group of 7 (guys with the ham sandwich)

I could give you a hundred reasons why his statements CAN be true - but even he realizes that many people will always be hesitant about what he says (must be a left coast thing). That may be why everyone seems to think it's the same old Lee. Yada, yada, yada..

Gonna sit back and watch - after all these years, I have ideas on how these things will play out, but even I can't see the future - if I can't have some input - be it good or bad.

Thanks, Lee for speaking up - kinda missed your input from Treasure Island! :tounge2:

Pat

:ninja:

I think Lee has presented a number of suggestions and ideas to these forums for a long time - circumstances as they are and "the Game" as it's been and continues to be played, have probably given him cause to avoid confrontations with long time advocates of the continuing of the status quo.

I can't blame him for NOT being more vocal, except that I sense he has even more ideas - except the majority of "DCA Experts" will find a way to try and discredit his rants as so much jabberwocky. Not everything he lathers about is nonsense - unless you're from the "homeland" of the circuit, and treat him as just another member of the over-the-top group of 7 (guys with the ham sandwich)

I could give you a hundred reasons why his statements CAN be true - but even he realizes that many people will always be hesitant about what he says (must be a left coast thing). That may be why everyone seems to think it's the same old Lee. Yada, yada, yada..

Gonna sit back and watch - after all these years, I have ideas on how these things will play out, but even I can't see the future - if I can't have some input - be it good or bad.

Thanks, Lee for speaking up - kinda missed your input from Treasure Island! :tounge2:

Pat

why not offer some understanding.

The rant about how everyone should be ###### that bucs won again doesnt show and answer. then a back peddle saying its noones fault sounded quite different. Input is one thing offering a solution instead of just an opinion is quite another.

You said status quo, ok whats that. Same corps winning? Sheets? what?

Just trying to understand points of view but when someone offers a bold statement then no explaining themselves , it will always come off as trolling or at very least an antagonist.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

And still won't step up to resolve an obvious problem... thanks for the advertising... did it put people in the stands?

From all accounts it was positive in that aspect. The problem then becomes, how much was spent on air time and production to get those seats and was it effective enough to get enough people that they made money off of it? That, I do not know. Air time is expensive.

A friend of mine who worked in the PA Government for some upper level poobahs had an app that showed how much money they saved on political advertising by putting said poobah on a talk show for an interview or by TV and radio using their sound bites.

My eyes popped when I saw what kinds of numbers spooled up when I was shown the app. You'd have had to put a fair amount of fannies into the seats to offset the thousands of dollars of air time for x minutes of 30 second spots.