How Bout Some Different Music for 2016?

How about the corps reach back for their best show.....like Colts going back to the riverboat show, Cadet with Bernstein, Blue Devils to their 76 show, etc?

How about the corps reach back for their best show.....like Colts going back to the riverboat show, Cadet with Bernstein, Blue Devils to their 76 show, etc?

Whose opinion of each corps best?

• Like 1

I'd like to hear a WC corps tackle the Moody Blues...for those that don't know, many of their tunes are quite lush in their arrangement. I don't think anyone but Crown could pull off "Nights in White Satin" complete with the "Breathe deep, the gathering gloom" spoken-word sonnet, massive crescendo and mega-gong crash at the end. For the younger DCP readers, the tune came out about two years after Quisp Cereal was introduced.

The sound you're now hearing is a thousand fingers Googling "Moody Blues" and "Quisp". :silly:

:thumbs-up: --> http://corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=corpsyr&corps=35&yearqry=1994&corpstype=Junior

Mike

I'd like to hear a WC corps tackle the Moody Blues...for those that don't know, many of their tunes are quite lush in their arrangement. I don't think anyone but Crown could pull off "Nights in White Satin" complete with the "Breathe deep, the gathering gloom" spoken-word sonnet, massive crescendo and mega-gong crash at the end. For the younger DCP readers, the tune came out about two years after Quisp Cereal was introduced.

The sound you're now hearing is a thousand fingers Googling "Moody Blues" and "Quisp". :silly:

Glassmen 1994.

maybe it's time for #####es brew, the crazy side of Miles Davies

I discovered "B!tches Brew" recently and like it a lot! It reminds me of something that would have been at home in the BD 2013 show (Rite of Spring). I don't think an entire show of BB would work, but some of it in context of other music could be pretty awesome. I'd especially like to see BD do it!

Ah, I missed that as I was out of the activity for a bit...heck, it's been 22 years; time for a do-over.

I've never understood why the Cadets haven't used the potential of Jay Bocook. The man writes original music all the time and has been with the corps for decades. He knows the style, the other designers. Why not write original music? Jeez, man... take velocity, pathos and room for drum stuff, throw it all into a pot and give us an exciting, completely new production to go where none has! (Just get somebody in there who knows how to actually clean silks).