2016 Programs and Playlist:

In 2015, there were 10 announcements of varying information from May 12th through May 27th. Leaving 3 pieces of information to be revealed in June of 2015.

As it stands today, 05/09/2016, we are missing:

Blue Knights entire show

Blue Stars entire show

Bluecoats entire show

Mandarins entire show

Pacific Crest entire show

Carolina Crown - show title and likely some music selections that have not been teased

Cascades - Music selections? We have artists but not tunes.

Colts - Music selections

Blue Stars have announced their show to financial supporters. I would expect a public announcement very soon.

2016-as-dreams-are-made-on-350x378.jpg

Blue Devils 2016 "As Dreams Are Made On"

https://bluedevils.org/programs/a/2016/repertoire/

OH MY...as someone who studied Shakespeare in college, this has me giddy with anticipation and excitement!!!

While BD has never been at the top of favorites list, this show has the potential for converting me.

Colts - Music selections

Colts:

Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata”

Mozart’s “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik”

Trad.: “Silent Night.”

Moody Blue’s “Nights In White Satin.”

Kamen’s “New Moon In The Old Moon’s Arms.”

• Like 1

Colts:

Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata”

Mozart’s “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik”

Trad.: “Silent Night.”

Moody Blue’s “Nights In White Satin.”

Kamen’s “New Moon In The Old Moon’s Arms.”

Duly noted and updated.

New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms not available on US Spotify.

I don't see how it hurts. It doesn't hurt Cadets for Hopkins to throw stuff at the wall.

It might be a little late in the game to be undecided. On the other hand, has anybody listened to it? You could definitely achieve the same feel and impression without using the source material.

Right. They're not performing this piece in public so there doesn't seem to be any legal ramifications from announcing it as they did. In other words, this can't really hurt them.

Jersey Surf probably realized that it's getting late for announcements and they didn't want to wait anymore. Now if the rights get denied this late in the process, they may have to scramble to replace the piece (if they haven't been rehearsing a Plan B already), but I can't see how announcing a piece that they haven't secured rights for yet (and mentioned it as such) actually hurts them.

Edited by Quad Aces

In 2015, there were 10 announcements of varying information from May 12th through May 27th. Leaving 3 pieces of information to be revealed in June of 2015.

Blue Knights entire show

Blue Stars entire show

Bluecoats entire show

Mandarins entire show

Pacific Crest entire show

Carolina Crown - show title and likely some music selections that have not been teased

Cascades - Music selections? We have artists but not tunes.

Colts - Music selections

Just wanted to add Phantom Regiment missing show title as well.

Edited by Quad Aces

Right. They're not performing this piece in public so there doesn't seem to be any legal ramifications from announcing it as they did. In other words, this can't really hurt them.

Jersey Surf probably realized that it's getting late for announcements and they didn't want to wait anymore. Now if the rights get denied this late in the process, they may have to scramble to replace the piece (if they haven't been rehearsing a Plan B already), but I can't see how announcing a piece that they haven't secured rights for yet (and mentioned it as such) actually hurts them.

Because drawing attention to the fact that you're using a piece of music that you do not have legal clearance to use is not in the best interest of anyone.

It also may appear to some that they did not do their work ahead of time in securing rights, since permission to arrange/perform is not as lengthy of a process as sync rights, and if they had worked on this earlier, they would know by now. Even the most difficult organizations to get permission from does not take a great deal of time, if you plan ahead and allow for several months.

Because drawing attention to the fact that you're using a piece of music that you do not have legal clearance to use is not in the best interest of anyone.

It also may appear to some that they did not do their work ahead of time in securing rights, since permission to arrange/perform is not as lengthy of a process as sync rights, and if they had worked on this earlier, they would know by now. Even the most difficult organizations to get permission from does not take a great deal of time, if you plan ahead and allow for several months.

But they aren't using that piece of music yet. My point is that purely announcing a piece of music without proper rights is not the same as actually using that piece of music without those rights, and doesn't hurt the corps in the sense of legal heat - no?

I'm sure they have done their work ahead of time, but this particular request is taking longer than expected.

Edited by Quad Aces

But they aren't using that piece of music yet. My point is that purely announcing a piece of music without proper rights is not the same as actually using that piece of music without those rights, and doesn't hurt the corps in the sense of legal heat - no?

I'm sure they have done their work ahead of time, but this particular request is taking longer than expected.

It's not, but draws attention, and may hinder decisions.

Apparently rights companies tend to be less cooperative when you've already announced that you intend to play the piece. Not sure why, but that's what I've been told for a number of years.