ACCOMMODATION INDY 2016

smiler

Why do so few of the hotels have rooms available Wednesday night? I find it hard to believe they are sold out so far in advance. I;ve stayed at Embassy Suites downtown every year since the first year at LOS (and am a Silver HHonors member) and have never had trouble booking my room before.

Did you call the hotel directly?

I too enjoy(ed) HHonors but have increasingly found that for some reason the computer reservation blocks out many rooms with the local mgr. unaware. Phone the hotel and speak with the mgr.

Also bring the item to the attention of the help desk for HiltonHHonors.

Why do so few of the hotels have rooms available Wednesday night? I find it hard to believe they are sold out so far in advance. I;ve stayed at Embassy Suites downtown every year since the first year at LOS (and am a Silver HHonors member) and have never had trouble booking my room before.

There is another convention in town at the same time. American Truckers Association. They have several hotels booked, including the Omni which as of early Monday wasn't available. May be the case with your hotel too.

There is another convention in town at the same time. American Truckers Association. They have several hotels booked, including the Omni which as of early Monday wasn't available. May be the case with your hotel too.

Will DCI get an endorsement or pat on the back for our foodtruck and equipment truck drivers. It might be a nice sponsor link, no?

I had good experience one year in Indy by phoning ahead directly to the hotel I wanted, speaking with the manager, and checking up regularly until a cancellation became available. Doing it nicely, I also made a few new fans of drum corps amongst the reservation dept. and management of the hotel. You might have the same results.

Edited by xandandl

There is a Moto GP going on at the Speedway on the same weekend. It's making hotel rooms a bit more problematic. Contact DCI and their lodging office for rooms downtown. I know that many hotels are blocked because of DCI and some of the corps have rooms set aside. All three of the hotels across from the stadium (HI Express, Comfort and Staybridge?) are sold out currently.