DCI Audio/Video

And then they wonder why people ignore or are angry about this bs and download illegally. It's idiot crap like this that pisses you off! I've contacted Tresona twice asking them about this and this is their response:

'We are a music licensing agency, we are not the copyright owners. We issue licenses on behalf of rights holders to anyone group or entity who wants or needs a license. If the rights holders approve of issuance of license, we issue the licenses. If there's a problem obtaining something you need as far as media is concerned, perhaps DCI would be able to be more helpful to you. ( as if THEY'RE the problem...what bs...). Cordially, Mark Greenberg, President The licensing exchange tresonamusic.com

Can't possibly be they acquired a ####load of rights and want to exploit it to the last penny, huh. Next year I'll have no qualms about recording with my phone any performance I'd like to keep due to their intransigence allowing lawful purchase of DCI's products. They can stuff it.....

Unfortunately that's my hunch too: screwed w/DCI, WGI, etc. Definitely a bummer, and maybe someday the pendulum will swing back to center instead of the extreme end its on now; it'll NEVER go back to the mid-90s and before hay day when designers were like, "John Williams show? Done. Beatles show? Done!" w/out issues, but perhaps even some sort of archival streaming process can be restored at some point.

At this point, I wonder if it is in Pageantry groups' interests to play hardball, NOT sell anything for awhile, and remind rights holders that making SOME money for nothing is better than making zero money.

People will continue to recorda and distribute videos. If the "legitimate" channels dry up, I have no doubt that other channels will appear to fill the demand. There were very few shows this season where i couldn't find at least a periscope feed or a youtube posting. And that will continue to grow -- very rapidly if the legitimate channels are closed.

Got an email today from Friends of DCI (I am a Friend), and it was about tickets, etc. However, at the end of the email, this was stated:

"As many of you know we have been working through some music licensing issues and hope to have these resolved soon. The goal is to have the 2015 BluRay & DVDs available to order by mid-November."

I really hope this is true and they don't run in to any more problems licensing - it would be awesome to get the vids before the end of the year!! I just hope they aren't all cut up or edited to the point they are unwatchable. Crossing my fingers and praying that it all goes well...

Got an email today from Friends of DCI (I am a Friend), and it was about tickets, etc. However, at the end of the email, this was stated:

"As many of you know we have been working through some music licensing issues and hope to have these resolved soon. The goal is to have the 2015 BluRay & DVDs available to order by mid-November."

I really hope this is true and they don't run in to any more problems licensing - it would be awesome to get the vids before the end of the year!! I just hope they aren't all cut up or edited to the point they are unwatchable. Crossing my fingers and praying that it all goes well...

I got the same e-mail.

Thanks so much for the update. At last there is some realism to our hope. But like you, I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. . .

Thanks for the update; it's always great to know that a) DCI hears our complaints and b) they are actively working diligently to solve the issue. While their overall communication is still less-than-stellar to fans & customers, it's great for us to take a step back for a moment and realize DCI is doing their job while trying to us too!

Thanks again for letting us know the latest news!!

Thanks so much for the update. At last there is some realism to our hope. But like you, I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. . .

Also, at last there is legit news & update from DCI. I really think a lot of negativity would lesson with more communication to fans. Starting w/Friends of DCI is obviously a great start for DCI; hopefully they put out something for EVERYONE either in their email database or on their webpage

I doubt they would put it out there if it wasn't true.

They're being intelligent not to say anything that puts them in a tough situation, especially from a legal standpoint.

Of course, after seeing the announcement from DCI via my Friend's subscription email and having a ray of hope, I see another announcement from Blue Devils that they are taking pre-orders for their "Inside the Blue Devils" annual DVD. Then I notice that their 2015 finals performance is NOT listed as being a part of the DVD, only vignettes, tour life, etc.