DCI Audio/Video

So far, the following are not available on the store any longer, it looks like:

1998 - (Cadets "Stonehenge," Santa Clara Vanguard "Copland: The Modernist," Blue Devils "One Hand, One Heart" etc.)

1996 - (Phantom Regiments "A Defiant Heart," Blue Devils "Club Blue," Cadets "The American West" etc.)

1990 - (Cadets "Bernstein Celebration," Cavaliers "Cavalier Anthems," Star of Indiana "Belshazzar's Feast" etc.)

I could kick myself - I needed all three of those.

Mike

Glad I bought the legacy collection when i did. i rip each show onto my tablet...great workout time killers

I had an e-mail exchange with a woman named Kathy at DCI Merchandising. Not sure if this is just wishful thinking, but she told me they think the licensing issue may be resolved by mid-November. I certainly hope that is the case. I know a bunch of unhappy people who give out the DVDs as Christmas gifts.

• Like 1

Here's hoping......but will have to see it to believe it.

Tresona was listed as an official sponsor of BoA last weekend, and one of their executives was among the many sponsors handing out the awards.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Anyone else see the banner ad DCI had at the bottom of the '16 Tour e-mail? It links to a sign-up page to be kept In the loop for 2015 a/v products. This leads me to believe two things:

1-DCI is confident the licensing issues will be resolved.

2-those issues is going to take more time than we and DCI expected.

I had an e-mail exchange with a woman named Kathy at DCI Merchandising. Not sure if this is just wishful thinking, but she told me they think the licensing issue may be resolved by mid-November. I certainly hope that is the case. I know a bunch of unhappy people who give out the DVDs as Christmas gifts.

I heard the mid-November date too. I called DCI with a ticket question in late summer and was told the issues would be resolved soon, and the mid-November time frame was given with shipment around Christmas. I figured they wanted it taken care of prior to BOA finals, but they have come and gone. My guess it is DCI's goal and hope to have this issue resolved, but it' has not happened, and with DCA which thought it had everything secure making their announcement, I think it is just wishful thinking.

For me, I am not sure what I will do after the turkey this year. After all the family festivities on Thanksgiving, I plop myself down and watch the newest DVD which usually arrived a few days earlier. I guess I'll watch reruns this year which is still not a bad way to end the day.

I know we will never be informed of all the details with these issues, but I'd be interested to know how much of this is DENIAL of rights as opposed to COST of rights. I imagine most of it is cost of rights and negotiations are ongoing, especially since both DCI and DCA keep saying to be patient and wait. However, if the products do eventually come out, it will be sad if there are a LOT of edits on the discs, such as complete shows missing, half shows missing, video blacked out or audio cut out of portions, etc., just due to denial of rights. I wonder if that is what is causing the delay - both DCA and DCI don't want to put out completely chopped up videos and CD's. One to three corps over the last few years has been the norm on the discs, but 5 to 10 would stink.

Anyway, just jabbering at this point - this has all been going on for so long, I am losing hope...

Edited by leed17