Cadets 2016

Tobias

Some folks just like to argue, maybe out of boredom or loneliness, to call attention to themselves.

Some folks are action folks who solve problems with solutions and energy.

Here's one who also knows how to plan against tough situations.

Tony Adamo marched cadets bass drum line in the '80s.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xlf1/v/t42.1790-2/12838425_778490232281127_1857349247_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQzNSwicmxhIjo2MTUsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoidjNfNDI2X2NyZl8yM19tYWluXzMuMF9zZCJ9&rl=435&vabr=242&oh=1fe253cfa11b3d9f45e60d1426e934be&oe=56DCBDEC

He joins another, a Cadet former DM, who has run emergency housing for Hurricane Katrina victims in NOLA and another Cadet bari who amongst several joined him in building and re-doing homes. Cadet alum Cathy Healy (mello) has done much work with Habitat for Humanity and Rural Nursing care. Way to go Cadets.

I marched with Tony in the Cadets. He was a great kid and is now a pastor.

Excuse me for being honest. Such a mistake on my part.

I'm taking a vacation from this website. You guys are downright ridiculous. No mystery why the site is dying.

With all due respect, you made a blanket statement about an entire generation and expect not to get a negative response? Sorry, but I thought it was kind of an offensive statement. It's like what I read in the news about the negative connotations about us "millennials". But we'll agree to disagree.

• Like 5

With all due respect, you made a blanket statement about an entire generation and expect not to get a negative response? Sorry, but I thought it was kind of an offensive statement. It's like what I read in the news about the negative connotations about us "millennials". But we'll agree to disagree.

Im not sure if we are talking about the same things or how he made a blanket statement , mainly because I'm not going way back BUT of it's on finance and how many today do what they may do , as one who is very close to this issue in many places it is a problem and less of a blanket statement than most think. with that said YES it is not fair to say all young people have that sense of entitlement or fall under this BUT many have suffered at the hands who do engage in this behavior . it has been a problem of many over the years. NOW if I'm on a whole different topic, so sorry...lol

checks bounce and/or summer school or summer job dashes the dream

Cadets seem to use the opportunity to try to fill the lone spot with an even stronger individual. If you think about it they are now recruiting for 1 person (vs. 72)

As far as "young planning better" - I have little respect for today's young to "plan well" - they want FREE this and that, not hard work or delayed gratification. JMO

LOVE the juvenoia. My favorite thing. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc )

• Like 1

It's a long stretch and possibly my imagination running wild but it sure would be nice if for ONE season we could not have so many people be so butt hurt and sensitive about every little comment made. It's the internet ladies and gentlemen. I'd say that most of us are adults here so why can't we somewhat act like it? Why can't we just stick to the topics at hand and share the excitement of the what is going to be the biggest season thus far together? Is that too much to ask?

Edited by blakman7

It's a long stretch and possibly my imagination running wild but it sure would be nice if for ONE season we could not have so many people be so butt hurt and sensitive about every little comment made. It's the internet ladies and gentlemen. I'd say that most of us are adults here so why can't we somewhat act like it? Why can't we just stick to the topics at hand and share the excitement of the what is going to be the biggest season thus far together? Is that too much to ask?

Your comments, sir, have injured my buttocks.

• Like 2

Excuse me for being honest. Such a mistake on my part.

I'm taking a vacation from this website. You guys are downright ridiculous. No mystery why the site is dying.

Yea, because there are so many other places to talk about drum corps with experienced drum corps people.

Your proclamation is not backed by data.

Would anyone mind if the black uniform returned?

Why do you ask?