Cadets 2016

Tobias

Would anyone mind if the black uniform returned?

I think most people identify the Cadets with the classic Maroon, cream and gold. IF the black made more sense, I wouldn't mind it but last year it certainly didn't enhance the show and IMO, made the amazing visuals less readable. IF they used black again, they would certainly need to break it up with accent colors such as silver and perhaps another color that had significance with the show theme.

Would anyone mind if the black uniform returned?

You know, a while back I stopped getting too upset about pre-season concepts or ideas. I kind of stopped judging what I THINK a corps might, should, shouldn't, etc. do. I've come to the conclusion that it's absolutely silly to get worked up about anything until June (or until I see it on Fan Network/live). That goes for good and bad: I remember being absolutely excited to see the Cadets "Lenny" show or whatever, that they had planned for their 75th. I was so bummed that for whatever reason they landed back to another WSS show and I never really gave that production a fair shot because of my preconceived notions. More often, something will be announced or discussed and I will write it off as sounding boring, uninteresting, not a good idea, etc. and then I'm blown away with the final product (like SCV's Les Mis show).

So as a fan I read stuff with interest, watch winter videos, etc. I love reading about the activity and I absolutely appreciate when corps give us a peak at their design process. But I try to never get upset with an idea until I see it in action. So in that sense, I personally wouldn't mind if Cadets' black uniforms returned (actually, it might make for an AWESOME contrast to white/grey visual design of stoned members - assuming they're still using that concept).

Several pages of posts back this winter after he got cut, Screamer raised this tragedy before and admitted he was just stirring up for trouble.

Perhaps it is the same situation now.

Anything I say appears to always be negative it seems.

Anything I say appears to always be negative it seems.

The black uni question was a legit one, previously discussed, but a legit one.

It's a long stretch and possibly my imagination running wild but it sure would be nice if for ONE season we could not have so many people be so butt hurt and sensitive about every little comment made. It's the internet ladies and gentlemen. I'd say that most of us are adults here so why can't we somewhat act like it? Why can't we just stick to the topics at hand and share the excitement of the what is going to be the biggest season thus far together? Is that too much to ask?

This is the internet. People will make ridiculous statements, and people (like me) will respond to them. You can't have one without the other. If one wants another to not get offended by a statement, then one should not make an offensive statement.

Anyways, on the topic of the black uniforms, I would rather have the Maroon and Gold back. That is all.

Presenting their 2017 show, "Marooned":

Stranded on a deserted island, The Cadets' only way off is to shred their black uniforms and turn them into a huge sail, for their raft built of marimbas and rifles.

• Like 3

Stranded on a deserted island, The Cadets' only way off is to shred their black uniforms and turn them into a huge sail, for their raft built of marimbas and rifles.

I hosey the five bass drums, with sticks, tied together with strips of a couple of flags. Well, I din't want to take anyone's shoe laces! Another five flags will become a sail.

I personally wouldn't mind a wearing black jacket if it came with a silver dropsash and cummerbund, and maybe white accents on the shako instead of all black, but whatever happens happens

• Like 2