Cadets 2016

Tobias

The key is what is visible in the box at LOS and indoor regionals, not what is seen on the Blair-cam. As you realize, DCI finals isn't the same as the Dayton Arena viewing.

For the make-up to be effective, if appropriate, it has to be highly exaggerated; (think the Broadway show CATS whose music Madison once did.) Remember SCV wore masks rather than make-up for POTO to guarrentee the visuality as well as being source-material based.

I do not agree 100% with this. There are many details within a successful drum corps show that are easily seen on the field and not easily seen in the box as well as heard on the field and not in the box.

I have huge respect for groups that follow through with a theme to the most minute detail even if it isn't visible up there. Personally, I can understand why some people might find it stupid, but I think it shows a huge level of dedication and commitment to a show............or they don't have enough in their show to sell it. :)

Agreed. I say try it and see what works and remove it if it doesn't.

Interesting. All posted between 02/09/16 and 03/25/16. Seems like a targeted effort.

oh god yeah - probably all the same person or two. These website "reviews" of workplaces are TERRIBLE / total jokes

I've fired people for things such as blatant sexual harassment and then they go on glassdoor and slam us, like 8 times for one dismissal that was entirely justified

That is most definitely the same reviewer on the Glassdoor site. LOL! The person didn't have the guts to put a real name with the reviews. Hate to break it to you, but work ain't supposed to be easy.

oh god yeah - probably all the same person or two. These website "reviews" of workplaces are TERRIBLE / total jokes

I've fired people for things such as blatant sexual harassment and then they go on glassdoor and slam us, like 8 times for one dismissal that was entirely justified

But 'Rate Your Professor' is totally legit.

:)-

But 'Rate Your Professor' is totally legit.

:)-

oh gosh no! About as accurate as fandango viewer reviews posted a week before the movie debuts

From Hop: "New shipment today"

YIR9bNf.jpg

• Like 3

I do not agree 100% with this. There are many details within a successful drum corps show that are easily seen on the field and not easily seen in the box as well as heard on the field and not in the box.

Agreed. I say try it and see what works and remove it if it doesn't.

Your comment is true but doesn't necessarily add to the score.

Field judges in visual do give some build-up but the larger question of where does the corps put one's efforts. However on this BD has beat Cadets for many years...what to do, when to do it, and how much results and benefits comes from doing it beyond just a nice thing to add. It's not merely the aspect of layering but where to put the efforts of the practices, focus, and effectiveness. On this 2015 Cadets were deficient in the visual caption. It's a very long discussion in the judging critiques and caption seminars.

I don't know whether you have ever been part of one, Tekk. I think you would find it very interesting.