Cadets 2016

Tobias

Lemme guess. Marching as black and white statues for the season. Then at finals, a ten year old pops out of a door and leads them through a tunnel. As they pass through the tunnel, they 'come alive' and switch to maroon and gold.

Bahaha, the road to winning a championship is on a child's back, after all.

I'll just file this under.... " attempting to fix something wonderful that ain't broke ".

Oh please, we all knew it was comin'. How many maroon and white statues have you seen in your life? I'm just surprised they're not going with gray. Different uniforms just fit the show concept.

Edited by aLittleBird

I don't really think anyone knows even internally. Hop told us there was a meeting with Demoulin last week, but he didn't really go into details, which was probably no accident.

My prediction is they'll brighten up the black uniform kind of like how Bluecoats did after '13 to better highlight their movement. Maybe a white plume, white visor and accents on the shako, white gloves and a brighter cummerbund+dropsash. I remember thinking to myself the cummerbunds might as well have not been there from a distance last year because they blended in so much. A white stripe down the pantlegs could also bring back some of the lost motion from a distance. I can't imagine anyone would mess with the traditional formula, though. Now THAT'D be disappointing. Otherwise meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The black jackets are still unmistakeable and quite good looking.

Edited by ksampsondavis

I don't really think anyone knows even internally. Hop told us there was a meeting with Demoulin last week, but he didn't really go into details, which was probably no accident.

My prediction is they'll brighten up the black uniform kind of like how Bluecoats did after '13 to better highlight their movement. Maybe a white plume, white visor and accents on the shako, white gloves and a brighter cummerbund+dropsash. I remember thinking to myself the cummerbunds might as well have not been there from a distance last year because they blended in so much. A white stripe down the pantlegs could also bring back some of the lost motion from a distance. I can't imagine anyone would mess with the traditional formula, though. That'd be kind of disappointing.

Staying with the black pants is good for them. Maybe they will get more than their feet clean this year :ninja:

Staying with the black pants is good for them. Maybe they will get more than their feet clean this year :ninja:

really?? Yes because Cadets are notoriously dirty. As if.

• Like 2

Got your "A" game going early today GD!

Trust me. There's two ways to go with this show. A more Roman costume like approach - abandoning (adapting) the black cadet uniforms --- OR a stone motif version of a Cadet uniform, entirely in grey and white

JMO

THIS. Final plans under consideration...

really?? Yes because Cadets are notoriously dirty. As if.

did you SEE them at PPL and afterwards? it was...revealing.

i was in disbelief -- i never expected to see it. but i never saw so many errors that late in the season.

(and it wasn't a one-time thing -- the errors persisted).

it was an interesting experiment. clearly those error were there all season but only became visible when the uniform changed.

guess black doesn't hide dirt like everyone thought.

i was in disbelief -- i never expected to see it. but i never saw so many errors that late in the season.

it was an interesting experiment. clearly those error were there all season but only became visible when the uniform changed.

It is an interesting illusion. It almost looks like the dates of these vids are reversed.

White:https://youtu.be/8cTvoiuDNxg

Black:https://youtu.be/GlP7ZcJ9Lvg

Now I'm really hoping for a white stripe. I have good technique and I want to show it off ######!

In their defence, everyone but the cadets had falls that night.

Edited by ksampsondavis

Fans in glass houses of certain corps shouldn't throw stones....cough cough...