Cadets 2016

Tobias

They should keep the uniform for parades and concerts. It's about time for every corps to ditch the old style uniform and start wearing something that fits the show. Can you imagine any WGI drumline or guard in the last few years wearing a "band uniform" and not getting ripped apart? It wouldn't fit the shows at all. It's time to move on from the maroon and gold. Someone needs to take the step to actually have the guts to do it.

that's exactly correct. The uniform is kept for parades, concerts, retreats etc. Or if it fits the show then use it (as it did for some of their recent patriotic shows and the Toy Souldier)

Well, I did state ..." I believe "..... here in my remarks.. and even isolated it for emphasis( as you can readily see ). I did not state " it is a fact". So yes, it is merely my asssessment opinion of what would occur.

So what is your opinion on this ? For example If we polled the Virginia Tech Marching Band marchers today, do you believe the majority in this Marching Band would support a proposal before them to change the school colors ? For that matter, can you think of any University Marching Band in the Country that competes on a football field with others, that if the MM's could vote, would support a proposal to change their school colors ? I don't think a proposal to change the colors of the uniforms of the Marching Band would have much approval anywhere in the Country. And yes, I do think that some that would be opposed to changing the colors of their School's Marching Band, that march in DCI, would, in a bit of irony, probably be supportive of the Cadets change of Colors... thats not so much a supposition, as it is my assessment observation. Heck. I 'll go one step further though. I'll bet if we allowed the current campers that tried out for The Cadets this off season to vote by secret ballot for whether or not to keep The Cadets 80+ years of The Cadets Corps colors, or change the colors to something else, that the vote would be to keep their 80+ years of the traditional Cadets Corps colors. And yes, thats also my best guess on what the vote would be by secret ballot of even The Cadets MM's themselves on this.

My opinion?

Your "I believe" is presented, structurally/grammatically regarding College marching band uniforms and not regarding what the opinion of those MM's believe to be Cadet uniform preference. Hence, you are supposing your opinion to be based on fact of the latter. The former, ok, everyone has an opinion. Some more than others....

"assessment observation"? "assessment opinion"?

I guess some will believe/trust all these concrete claims regarding what you think others believe.

I don't. Without proof, that is.

How do you know what others think? It's magical..........

Not picking, just have read enough of thus & so of what is/is not regarding the "if you asked the members......"

Guess you hit a nerve with me brasso.

I suppose

Yes, and in all that tweaking, in all those years, BD has always had either some white/ grey, or some blue/ black, or a combination thereof ,in their uniforms.

We can have a similar discussion of the uniforms of BD the year they come out with..... cream..... or yellow.... or brown.... or green.... or pink... or lavender..... ( the so called " bright colors " ) etc, as their predominent uniform proper colors for that season. ( but don't hold your breath ). For context, The Cadets not only changed up their 80+ years of their traditional Corps colors, they are going from their bright colors always utilized to predominently a dark color choice ( black ) for much of the uniform proper. But.... they certainly are entitled to change their Corps colors, and for as short and as long as a timeframe that they want too.

I feel we're arguing semantics at this point, which is part and parcel for this time of the off-season.

Corps should remain beholden to their color history regardless of show design, concept or effect. Or not. Penn State's colors should be pink and yellow. Or not.

Can we please get some more videos posted from camp?

Thanks.

So. How about that show?

The show is going to be HOT!

I feel we're arguing semantics at this point, which is part and parcel for this time of the off-season.

Corps should remain beholden to their color history regardless of show design, concept or effect. Or not. Penn State's colors should be pink and yellow. Or not.

Thanks.

Here's my thought. And I'm not just saying this because I'm an alum. As long as the Cadets keep the design of the uniform, I am all for them changing the color to fit the show. We are in a different time than when I marched and I understand there needs to be certain "changes" to fit the theme of the show (although my heart will always be huge for the maroon and gold). Personally, I would love to see a black and gold (black jacket and pants, gold cross belt and cummerbund/drop sash). Regardless. I've grown accustomed to the fact that corps are wearing uniforms to fit the show (except maybe bluecoats within the top 5?).

• Like 2

Well, the colors originally were pink and ... black ;)

So, how about that hornline?

Thanks.

Chunk of Wine Dark as heard from behind the trumpets:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE7Tn65we2e/