Cadets 2016

Tobias

For those who have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUqId8fNE2Q

I 'm guessing Cadets brass line depicted here ( at the 14.40 minute mark ) had just approx. half the brass line that'll perform on the field this summer. Cadets had just 7 tubas shown here in this clip from their recent April practice, for example. However, the Cadets can be expected to perform with their usual 12-16 tubas this summer, as they usually do..... would this be correct ?

Edited by BRASSO

I 'm guessing Cadets brass line depicted here ( at the 14.40 minute mark ) had just approx. half the brass line that'll perform on the field this summer. Cadets had just 7 tubas shown here in this clip from their recent April practice, for example. However, the Cadets can be expected to perform with their usual 12-16 tubas this summer, as they usually do..... would this be correct ?

You are correct.

• Like 1

Brass line is full. I think they're marching 12 tubas. Late April/early May commitments for college students.
  • Like 1

Brass line is full. I think they're marching 12 tubas. Late April/early May commitments for college students.

Makes sense. For context, unlike the Brass line, the Percussion and Guard sections did appear rather full to me in this April clip. So my guess, the Brass section of this summer's Cadets will probably have a higher percentage of college students this year in this Corps section, than The Cadets Guard and the Percussion section will.

Edited by BRASSO

Makes sense. For context, unlike the Brass line, the Percussion and Guard sections did appear rather full to me in this April clip. So my guess, the Brass section of this summer's Cadets will probably have a higher percentage of college students this year in this Corps section, than The Cadets Guard and the Percussion section will.

nah, percussion is heavily college students.

Difference is many of them "marched" WGI indoor season and didn't take the same courses the horn line members chose as the percussionists were busy every weekend with three days of indoor practices and camps as well as performances. As you know, only so many percussionists in symphony and wind ensembles that horn line members entail; some colleges and universities not in New England or Northwest have also begun semester final exams and graduations ceremonies for which horn line attendance is mandatory to get the full credit for the course. Foreign members of the hornline were not required to be present for this camp so as to ease their costs of travels before Spring Training which begins in two weeks.

Other corps use different scheduling models. This one has worked for Cadets for several seasons.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Around mid-Pennsylvania June 4th? First full revelation of Cadets' '16 show: https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1275-johnstown-community-performance-june-4

The Cadets in the past have allowed the public that can't make it to Penn. to watch this via their Cadets All Access Live webcast. I hope they continue with this tradition for Drum Corps family, alums, friends, fans, that can't make it to their practice site, but would like to get an early look at the progress of the show nonetheless.

Edited by BRASSO

The Cadets in the past have allowed the public that can't make it to Penn. to watch this via their All Access Live webcast. I hope they continue with this tradition for Drum Corps fans, family, alums, friends, thgat can;t make it, but would like to get an early look at the show.

I'm sure they'll check that with the copyright lawyers to see if it applies to outside viewing areas not cheering for The Islanders, Capitals, and that other team in black and gold, the Crosbytes.

Oh, is that why you named him "Owing" ??? ha, ha...

(He's making a great Cadet, an appellation one earns traditionally upon the completion of marching one's first contest in uniform for them {whatever it might be.])

And his sister's name is Fi-OWE-na

Thanks for the kind words about him. He wishes he were with them 24/7/365

I'm sure they'll check that with the copyright lawyers to see if it applies to outside viewing areas not cheering for The Islanders, Capitals, and that other team in black and gold, the Crosbytes.

Yes, the lawyers should be able to help with that. It looks like it will require Divine Intervention however to help with the Pinstripers.