Cadets 2016

Tobias

I thought they were tremendous, way better than last year and they will be a few corps' worst nightmare as the season progresses.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

What a difference a dress run makes.

Holy crap. I'm finding less and less to gripe about with this show (sorry, Tekk :P). Give me some white plumes, an updated closer late-July, and no cheesy bicep flexing (we get it, the dude's been in a gym or two), and I'm a happy camper.

Biggest takeaway from tonight for me was the guard. If/when Templin gets this crew clean, that question mark begins to vanish.

From what I've see of Templin's guards, they never get super clean. They do, however, perform at a tremendous level. This show looks like it is going to require that type of performance level.

Lots of raw emotion something I think they've lacked in the past few seasons. When you get towards the end if the season when everyone is clean, if the emotion not there, you've got problems.

From what I've see of Templin's guards, they never get super clean. They do, however, perform at a tremendous level. This show looks like it is going to require that type of performance level.

Agreed. But she has a lot more talent and a lot better techs and a lot more time to work with now. Lol

I alluded to this over in the "show" thread, but I'm not sure the storyline is sophisticated enough. The performers are terrific, and obviously it's VERY early... But the idea, at least as it was explained pre-show, seems rather thin and almost trite to me.

I'm not one who necessarily believes that concept is the be-all, end-all, but this seems to have been an issue for Cadets in recent years.

Again, though, it's early, and there's sure to be lots added. The music is simply fantastic, so maybe it will all come together as the season progresses.

Some of that too will change by finals I think. It's just the beginning of what could be a awesome summer for them. :cool:

I alluded to this over in the "show" thread, but I'm not sure the storyline is sophisticated enough. The performers are terrific, and obviously it's VERY early... But the idea, at least as it was explained pre-show, seems rather thin and almost trite to me.

I'm not one who necessarily believes that concept is the be-all, end-all, but this seems to have been an issue for Cadets in recent years.

Again, though, it's early, and there's sure to be lots added. The music is simply fantastic, so maybe it will all come together as the season progresses.

I'm not sure the concept is any more trite than angels fighting demons.

In fact, I think if done properly, this show has the potential to have a few extra layers of meaning that Cadet shows have been lacking in recent years.

:bleah:It's only June !!! Chillax !

I'm confident this show will evolve. It certainly reminds me of The Zone (meaning that I am extremely weirded out as if I'm in some kind of nightmare). And The Zone certainly grew on me toward the end of the season and now it's one of my favorite Cadets' shows. I am sure this show will grow on me as well. I am REALLY hoping the guard places better than last year.

I'm not sure the concept is any more trite than angels fighting demons.

In fact, I think if done properly, this show has the potential to have a few extra layers of meaning that Cadet shows have been lacking in recent years.

Agreed. I think superficially its statues coming to life and then retreating but deeper I think the statues represent us and our fears and limitations and how we retreat to our comfort zones. Not sure but there are some character things going on with the Adonis, the soloist, the two podiums, safety zones etc. There's a bit more than meets the eye.
  • Like 1