Cadets 2016

Tobias

garfield,

Re your comment about the statue-dude scoring well with Marie, if by Marie you mean Marie Czapinski it should be noted that Marie accepted a role with Phantom Regiment in December, 2015 as a consultant to the Regiment's new Visual team of Tony Hall, Dwight Emmert and Will Schultz (the new Visual Caption Head.

I presumed at the time that meant that Marie C. would not be judging DCI contests in 2016.

In any event, it is the DCI judging community's loss and the Phantom Regiment's gain in a caption with which the Regiment has recently struggled.

As a Regiment alumni (1956-1960), I certainly hope so.

Hmm I haven't seethe visual yet but the usual suspects have taken no time at all to declare that Regiment is still a mess visually and that the new staff that they just hired need to go. And the brutal circle continues...

I alluded to this over in the "show" thread, but I'm not sure the storyline is sophisticated enough. The performers are terrific, and obviously it's VERY early... But the idea, at least as it was explained pre-show, seems rather thin and almost trite to me.

I'm not one who necessarily believes that concept is the be-all, end-all, but this seems to have been an issue for Cadets in recent years.

Again, though, it's early, and there's sure to be lots added. The music is simply fantastic, so maybe it will all come together as the season progresses.

Tilt had almost a nonexistent theme but placed 2nd, why would it be any different for this show? Edited by 20XXMM
  • Like 1

Tilt had almost a nonexistent theme but placed 2nd, why would it be any different for this show?

Because people like holding cadets to a different standard. Even the judges.

• Like 2

Hmm I haven't seethe visual yet but the usual suspects have taken no time at all to declare that Regiment is still a mess visually and that the new staff that they just hired need to go. And the brutal circle continues...

Ignore the critics of June. By July most of then run away to hide lol

Edited by George Dixon

Ignore the critics of June. By July most if then run away to hide lol

For what it's worth, Regiment sounds amazing from all the bits and pieces I've heard so far. Very exciting

• Like 1

Hopkins on the Ada show:

" I am here in Ada a few hours after our performance and I am very , very proud of the members, the staff, and all who make this corps happen.

Congrats !!!

There were many critics to the changes we instituted this season, but I think, after show #1, we can see that the direction of the corps is nothing but positive. We done good !!!!!

And by the way, today does not invalidate who we were yesterday.

It's all simply part of the process . Where we are today is where we are today !!!

That said ...

and this is me speaking ...

THIS IS FUN!!!!

To create ...

to watch ...

to enjoy ....

to love

You will have a spectacular year .... and I am not speaking to competition. I speak to your learning, growth, and just the sheer joy of making memories.

Happy summer of 2016!!!!"

• Like 3

Just watched a video of their performance in Ohio. I'm shocked. They sound like a top tier corps but look like a 6th - 8th place corps. Save a few cool moves this is a poor drill design, guard is a mess, stage doesn't make any sense or add anything to the show. I love the music (although Star did Pines WAY better). If there's a hole for someone to break into the top 5 this year, it's through The Cadets. Disappointed.

You must be insane to believe that insane drum line and exhilarating horn line will allow such a thing to happen.

• Like 1

If anyone thinks the comments are harsh here go read the ones on reddit. You would have thought the corps just stood on the fifty and literally took a dump.

• Like 3

If anyone thinks the comments are harsh here go read the ones on reddit. You would have thought the corps just stood on the fifty and literally took a dump.

Oh man, it's almost like it's June or something... I was expecting them to be as crisp as the dew on an autumn morning...

• Like 2

From what I've see of Templin's guards, they never get super clean. They do, however, perform at a tremendous level. This show looks like it is going to require that type of performance level.

she's never had a tour schedule like this to work with