Cadets 2016

Tobias

interesting Hopkins etc in Cadets land have been virtually silent on social media since the scores were announced - I'm sure a bit shell shocked and disappointed

the huge electronic "chord" before the final big wedge push was horrific - and the stiff armed "running" of the statue at the end, very distracting. I'm a bit concerned and alarmed by a few of these last minute "tweaks" - who is making these decisions?

I heard tapes were positive on show but questions mostly about the filth. Dirtiest Cadets corps in years. Need to get better or more techs in to help OR could be they are just starting now to break it down and clean as George said.

NOT making excuses but having a guard judge and no percussion judge first show not greatest for Cadets..

Edited by Tobias

Just a friendly reminder to the Cadets that today is the first day of the rest of the season. :)

• Like 2

I heard tapes were positive on show but questions mostly about the filth. Dirtiest Cadets corps in years. Need to get better or more techs in to help OR could be they are just starting now to break it down and clean as George said.

NOT making excuses but having a guard judge and no percussion judge first show not greatest for Cadets..

They had a percussion judge last night.

My concerns:

Visually guard costumes too light as are flags. I get the statue thing but costume needs to have some darker elements OR flags need to have bold color. (Red, dark grey, blue, silver)...

The statues coming to life starting off crawling beginning of show and then "getting their mojo"(like me) needs to be developed better.

The role of podiums (humanity) left field and (nonhumanity) right field need to be differentiated.

The guard starts at the right podium and slowly make their way to the other but should never really conquer it. They need to show more "struggle" when they approach it almost in a tormented way to demonstrate the struggles involved with being human.

The resolution of the conflict (end of show) needs much better visual conclusion in drill. The corps ends in a double curved lines but why not in a form representing the conflicts of humanity like a split heart....

The statues ending at their podium is great but certainly none of them made the transition to humanity? Isn't the deeper meaning of the show not about statues coming to life but that they represent us getting out of our comfort zones and striving to be exceptional human beings (YEA motto) and yes most fall short but not all of us. Why not one statue making the transition to greatness? Early vids I saw had one guard member (statue) crawling very quickly towards brass (human podium) way ahead of the other statues in the very beginning of the show. Put that back in show and he should be the statue that transitions over,

Lots to develop and a stronger foundation compared to some other groups last night but the development needs to occur.,

The rest of the issue, CLEAN!

Had no idea that's what the podiums even represented.....

. . .after what we got last year (which I was a big fan of), I wanted to like this show. For the most part, musically . . .I do. The first half is engaging, but, much like others, I really got lost in the middle trying to figure out where the show was going.

After we "awake", there's nowhere to go, and the show suffers greatly for it.

Visually, plenty of others have gone into greater detail . . .but, man, this is filthy dirty.

I'm sure the music will clean up nicely by August, which is probably how I'll end up consuming this show overall, anyway.

Can we contrast the Cadets' props with Crowns'?

Crown's is obviously designed and constructed by someone with a strong aesthetic sense and artistic flair. Nice details that enhance the show.

Cadets' looks like a wedding cake with trash bag icing

• Like 2

Reading a lot of these posts has me saying "be careful what you wish for." So many people wanted a change in their direction. They've changed direction and look what happens. So many people were excited about this show and here it is June 24th, the first day after the first show and it seems people are questioning a lot of the choices. Ahh well.

Here's to the rest of the season. Good Luck Cadets.

• Like 1

They had a percussion judge last night.

Oh ok, I thought I saw only music analysis and brass on from the press box.

Wonder why Cadets were so low in music?

Crown's is obviously designed and constructed by someone with a strong aesthetic sense and artistic flair. Nice details that enhance the show.

They'll cover them. I don't think props are Cadets problem. They have transitions that need fixing, development of the concept and cleaning but yes, Crown's stagecoach is cool and they're 2 points ahead of Cadets so enjoy..

Wedding cake with trash icing... wow, that's strong, but kind of ...accurate I have to say.

• Like 1