Cadets 2016

Tobias

I only recently made a DCP account and it's crazy to see how unnecessarily negative some people can be towards any corps.

We call this place "The Pits." Only one way in, and to get out you have to fight.

• Like 1

I only recently made a DCP account and it's crazy to see how unnecessarily negative some people can be towards any corps.

Being critical isn't necessarily being negative. We are ALL critical of so many things in our life. I'm sorry, but LIFE isn't all roses and candy, and that applies to drum corps.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

Being critical isn't necessarily being negative. We are ALL critical of so many things in our life. I'm sorry, but LIFE isn't all roses and candy, and that applies to drum corps.

Totally agree.

But I like to at least finish the first week at a new job before determining it's crap. Maybe go on a second date with someone before writing them off. Getting through a whole chapter of a book before dousing it in lighter fluid and setting it ablaze.

That's just me though.

• Like 2

It saddens me that a corps's placement is more important than being entertained. The show is aleady but this show will be amazing once things are cleaned and reworked.

PS. Some of you should be show designers since you know so much.

Edited by 20XXMM
  • Like 2

I completely understand and agree. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Cadets are my favorite, there's many things they need to improve and change if they hope to medal or remain competitive.

I completely understand and agree. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Cadets are my favorite, there's many things they need to improve and change if they hope to medal or remain competitive.

And?

Maybe you need to work on your tone when conveying your criticisms then, because I'm certainly not thinking "positive" when I read your posts.

• Like 2

Totally agree.

But I like to at least finish the first week at a new job before determining it's crap. Maybe go on a second date with someone before writing them off. Getting through a whole chapter of a book before dousing it in lighter fluid and setting it ablaze.

That's just me though.

Speak for yourself. Book burnings are super fun!

Speak for yourself. Book burnings are super fun!

Someone say "Fahrenheit 451?"

I think the style of the Bluecoats show is making Crown, BD and especially Cadets feel stale. Take Coats out of this competition and everyone is raving, likely, about Crown.

But you don't have to tell people anything about Down Side Up for them to get it. In fact, you don't really have to know anything about DCI at all to get it. And, most importantly, to love it. I truly feel badly for Cadets for having to change their show title to help people get what their show is about at its most fundamental level, while Bluecoats are just going with it and getting standing ovations. Kudos to them. And all the encouragement there is to George and the Cadets to make changes to compete.

The great thing for me is, the level of playing, marching and guard-ing is Gold Medal high. As someone said earlier, even if they were standing still you would still be blown away. That is why I bristle at those who call this a gimmick. It cheapens what this staff and the kids have worked so so hard to accomplish in ways that respect DCI in every way.

It's a gimmick. The staff (not the kids) cheapened it for me when they came up with a gimmick.