Cadets 2016

Tobias

yes - they need to get it down to between 1.5 and 2 - hopefully by Sunday. Tonight's performance was ok. Not stellar. The changed closer was well performed but they were obviously finding their way. Get that tight and add in some color and guard changes and let's see where things stand.

Also have to consider BD, SCV and, potentially, Cavaliers.

I really don't think Cavaliers will challenge Cadets. I'd say SCV/Crown and Cadets behind BD/Coats is where we are right now

• Like 1

Cadets coming from behind is Excellent...

Cadets have been very strong out of the gate in 12,13,14,15. For the past 4 years Cadets have placed 1st at every DCI Opening Season Premier event. This was the first year since 2011 they didn't.

In 2011 they placed 4th at the first DCI show. And then 4th again at the DCI Minneapolis Regional.

So... I think things are looking just fine.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 3

yes - they need to get it down to between 1.5 and 2 - hopefully by Sunday. Tonight's performance was ok. Not stellar. The changed closer was well performed but they were obviously finding their way. Get that tight and add in some color and guard changes and let's see where things stand.

Did you feel closer change was positive? The past few seasons their changes have not been. IMO. What about crowd response?

Cadets coming from behind is Excellent...

Cadets have been very strong out of the gate in 12,13,14,15. For the past 4 years Cadets have placed 1st at every DCI Opening Season Premier event. This was the first year since 2011 they didn't.

In 2011 they placed 4th at the first DCI show. And then 4th again at the DCI Minneapolis Regional.

So... I think things are looking just fine.

Agreed here as long as product has legs otherwise they'll just remain 2 points out of top which is 4-5 in August. I need to see live

I really don't think Cavaliers will challenge Cadets. I'd say SCV/Crown and Cadets behind BD/Coats is where we are right now

I wonder if Cavaliers might pull something out of their hat, like wearing their green parade uniforms on finals night. I don't think they play as well as cadets, just don't have their talent, but guard is really strong and their concept holds up.

The next show is key for Cadets. If George has decided to not change some of the fundamental visual issues, and it looks like he's keeping the cake, "bed sheets", and guard "scrambling" in the last third, I don't see cadets solving their GE gap. Coats, BD and Crown are still withholding key additions that are rumored to already be ready, and all three of those shows are GE monsters.

If there is good news for Cadets, the scores in general are lower than the last few years across the board. But I think we are going to start seeing some bigger point gains that will start closing the realistic window for singificant gains.

We won't know for sure until the season unfolds; I'm not sure at the ranking at all right now. I feel it's Coats/Crown then BD/SCV. After that, no idea at this point for sure.

I appreciate you supporting your corps though, it's been an interesting read and mostly inspirational seeing you and other Cadet fan's support on here.

• Like 1

Not sure next show is key for Cadets considering last year big changes happened from early to late regionals and we haven't had even the first one. GE spread is concerning I'll watch that closely. Show should start to gel in 2 weeks and that should tighten. If not, then the show isnt being received well by judges and it's will be 4-5th in INDY. It nj k captions are too good for lower and I do think guard will clean nicely and not be a drag

I wonder if Cavaliers might pull something out of their hat, like wearing their green parade uniforms on finals night. I don't think they play as well as cadets, just don't have their talent, but guard is really strong and their concept holds up.

Agree this weekend is very key for Cadets. Got to close the GE gap up a bit

Cavaliers, I ain't seeing it. They do not have the brass or percussion to compete with the top 5 corps, and I don't think the guard will top any of those five either once things clean up. I personally find the show annoying as all heck - Phantom has a good shot at passing it

Of course what I find "annoying" isn't necessarily non-competitive, so maybe it isn't my cup of tea and the judges will feel otherwise

I think it is so trite, like a bad BOA show about cancer or homelessness. It makes me want to vomit.

• Like 1