Cadets 2016

Tobias

As someone who knows literally nothing about guard, I'm interested to hear your reason for why BD has won 8 Zingalis.

It sounds like you're throwing some shade, and I simply "could not let it go unchallenged."

I absolutely LOVE this phrase.

• Like 1

I agree with others about the THX sound before the brass comes back in in the closer. Missed opportunity here for some effective moment that actually relates to statues awakening.

My imaginings...

The phrase before its all crazy drill and a bunch of hornline/battery stabs. What if this phrase devolved into nothing as during this crazy moment people started turning back into statues. They freeze in random posses like a Greyscale plague overwhelming the corps from the back to the front in a wave like fashion. Now at the end of the phrase everyone is a statute and there is a more suspenseful/tense soundscape in the now silent hornline. The silence and the amount of space where literally nothing is happening would be risky in a regular DCI show but one about immobile statues... It's a must! Then there is rumble, the sound of stone cracking and then all at once there is a burst of stone exploding the corps awakens and scrambles to there neatly organized trapezoid that appears out of no where and the corps brings down the house in a wave of power!

I'm just musing... But I want that moment to work better than how it currently is.

I like this show more and more :) just keep working the kinks and don't settle for an "almost" GE moments!

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

The entire end of the closer is being reorchestrated this week, so changes on the way!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4

The entire end of the closer is being reorchestrated this week, so chages on the way!

Great! Can't wait to see what they come up with. Really happy about all the changes so far. Seems like the design team is reinvigorated by the direction of the show. Good things come from a Cadet Corps down in the ranks ;)

• Like 1

Seriously great to see that gap so low with so much obvious cleaning to do. And the margin growing with regiment is a positive as well.

• Like 2

Just .6 behind in GE. Music a tie virtually with dirty feet and sections they are changing and not rehearsing. Woo hoo.