Cadets 2016

Tobias

The Cadets production is far better from where it started in Indy. This Cadet season has reminded me of what the Madison Scouts went through in 2007. Re-write after re-write after re-write and despite all the hard work and effort from the members the result was not much better than how it started. Perhaps its just me, but does anyone else see the similarly with the madness in Madison before Scott Stewart was removed after 2002?

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

I'd argue that the problem with the show is that it already spends too much time beating people over the head. Statues come to life - as long as "coming to life" means standing up, playing a violin, or acting like the monster in a B horror flick. Not a lot of depth to that particular idea, imho.

But I'd agree there's a good chance Cavaliers pass them tonight. Just on visual alone the two corps are in different ballparks in terms of effectiveness and readability.

I agree about the design completely. It needs "less" a story line and yet Hopkins (seemingly) keeps wanting more

Taste is also an issue - the fact that that huge front stage is still in the show just flat out boggles the mind

• Like 4

But if the judges really do hate the show and not judging based on that days performance wouldn't that be slotting and be what so many complain about ? So why did they bother to keep recaps private if they are going to play this game anyway?? I know that this type of stuff has gone on in drum corps for decades but I thought we would have moved on from this bs by now. Thought we were beyond playing favorites.

It's not like the Cadets are playing a completely different show every competition. I think it's a fair thing for a show to consistently be marked down in GE if the theme itself is weak. The Cadets have been making changes to the show, but the underlying theme is still there and the meaning of that theme seems to be changing from show to show

Maybe they can get Oprah to play violin for finals.....

• Like 1

The Cadets production is far better from where it started in Indy. This Cadet season has reminded me of what the Madison Scouts went through in 2007. Re-write after re-write after re-write and despite all the hard work and effort from the members the result was not much better than how it started. Perhaps its just me, but does anyone else see the similarly with the madness in Madison before Scott Stewart was removed after 2002?

no you are not the only one - I have a feeling there are a lot of damaged relationships playing out

I thought about the Stewart thing this season several times

• Like 1

I agree about the design completely. It needs "less" a story line and yet Hopkins (seemingly) keeps wanting more

Taste is also an issue - the fact that that huge front stage is still in the show just flat out boggles the mind

I agree. The stage is used for about two minutes. That hardly justifies it's presence and it adds nothing. Most groups add depth by using sets in back of the field like Blue Devils and Madison Scouts are this year.

• Like 3

Everyone with me... :fight:

TAKE DOWN THE STAGE!!

TAKE DOWN THE STAGE!!

TAKE DOWN THE STAGE!!

:not me:

• Like 4

Dailing GH's cell phone...

Hi George it's Jon.

Good thanks how are things?

Good, look George we were just talking on DCP and we decided you should remove the stage.

What??

I should go what myself??

Wait George it's just that..

What??

I should put what where the sun never shines??

Um ok but I don't think I could bend over for that long.

What??

Ok I get what you are trying to say but..

Hello?? Hello?? Guess he's a little upset..

• Like 1

Nah. The judges have spoken. They seemingly hate the program and tonight they'll magically be behind the Cavaliers also. If this keeps up BK will be ahead of them in Indy lol. To reverse this trend the corps would have to make it OBVIOUS to the judges they must be moved up. Literally beat them over the head with "with are SO MUCH better" at this stage

I agree. Judges don't like the show so regardless of cleaning, they'll fall to probably 6th. Lessons learned. GH needs to stop designing shows. They need to trust the staff. I think guard is much better and just a victim of a poorly designed show. Even brass and percussion are being pulled down by it. Granted, cleaning and a solid performances going forward could help but I think the judges have pretty much spoken.
  • Like 1