Cadets 2016

Tobias

If Cadets aren't in it to win, why ##### about scores and placements. It's pretty clear they no longer care about either. What's next burning the sheets?

I don't know. Why don't you go ask GH since so many other people have questions about why they do what they do. But given MY experience marching there, I know they don't primarily go out looking for rings.

• Like 1

I can tell you that you do not know Cadets well enough if you think they're primarily looking for rings every year. They may be looking to produce great shows year after year, but not everyone can be as great as BD can. It isn't just about status quo. It's also about with whom would you replace him. So many are calling for his head but I haven't seen one suggestion about who would be a good replacement to propel Cadets to 1st place every year.

Every single time I ask a question like this you basically try to minimize me for not knowing cadets as well as you do. It gets old. I just asked the question about the issue, and you basically tell me it's none of my business because I am an outsider.

Wherever, I really don't care. I just don't think it's good for cadets or DCI for this ongoing drama to continue. And you cannot tell me that every corps goes through this every single year. It all comes from the unique personality of George Hopkins. I've been around many organizations that have had great success that was tied to a personality and it is grueling when things start going bad. Everyone on the inside gets defensive, starts telling everyone on the outside its none of their business or they have an agenda.

I don't have any agenda, none, and I am not a hater on any level.

I have always defended George because I truly appreciate everything he has done for DCI. I also can truly relate to the position he is in.

What I don't care for is when a show isn't very good, you can't get a word in edgewise because there is this army of alums who try to minimize your perspective. I really like you guys, especially George Dixon, and I would truly love nothing more than seeing cadets field contending shows every year. I really don't care about medals as much as great show concepts.

But again, if you think I don't know what I am talking about that's fine. It really is. But you won't find many people like me who truly love this activity and want to see every single corps succeed.

• Like 2

Every single time I ask a question like this you basically try to minimize me for not knowing cadets as well as you do. It gets old. I just asked the question about the issue, and you basically tell me it's none of my business because I am an outsider.

Wherever, I really don't care. I just don't think it's good for cadets or DCI for this ongoing drama to continue. And you cannot tell me that every corps goes through this every single year. It all comes from the unique personality of George Hopkins. I've been around many organizations that have had great success that was tied to a personality and it is grueling when things start going bad. Everyone on the inside gets defensive, starts telling everyone on the outside its none of their business or they have an agenda.

I don't have any agenda, none, and I am not a hater on any level.

I have always defended George because I truly appreciate everything he has done for DCI. I also can truly relate to the position he is in.

What I don't care for is when a show isn't very good, you can't get a word in edgewise because there is this army of alums who try to minimize your perspective. I really like you guys, especially George Dixon, and I would truly love nothing more than seeing cadets field contending shows every year. I really don't care about medals as much as great show concepts.

But again, if you think I don't know what I am talking about that's fine. It really is. But you won't find many people like me who truly love this activity and want to see every single corps succeed.

Look if you wanna get defensive about it, that's your own problem. You among others love to get ###### off when someone offers an opinion different than your own and then come with this "it's just an opinion" crap when someone counters yours or infer that someone is telling you to mind your own business when none of those words are printed on the screen. I'm debating about who you would replace GH with since so many of you are calling for him to go. I can tell you this much. If they create a fantastic show next year that is in the running to win, I am ABSOLUTELY SURE none of you will be saying the same thing you're saying now.

• Like 2

Ok folks time to take a deep breath.... Oh and poopycock I think you need to find another forum for a while..

• Like 1

You can live where ever you want and be on design and instructional staff. I am pretty sure most of the staff right now doesn't live a commutable distance to Allentown.

I believe most staff for many drum corps live all over the country. A lot fly in for the camps then stay with the corps through the summer. They do what the kids from out of state do.

Look if you wanna get defensive about it, that's your own problem. You among others love to get ###### off when someone offers an opinion different than your own and then come with this "it's just an opinion" crap when someone counters yours or infer that someone is telling you to mind your own business when none of those words are printed on the screen. I'm debating about who you would replace GH with since so many of you are calling for him to go. I can tell you this much. If they create a fantastic show next year that is in the running to win, I am ABSOLUTELY SURE none of you will be saying the same thing you're saying now.

None of what you accuse me of is accurate. If you believe Cadets is inexorably tied to the person of George Hopkins, so be it. Maybe it is.

Many of my favorite shows of all time are Cadets shows. At or near the top is Angels and Demons, and I have said that dozens of times, so don't put me in the hater camp.

Edit: Just FYI, I use my real name here and all other forums because I won't hide behind screen names. Not saying anyone else should follow suit, but I do it because if anyone has an issue with me, I welcome them talking with me directly. Not saying you do, but I am always as open as I can be about who I am and what I am about.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2