Cadets 2016

Tobias

Since the platform is gone, why not have the french horns just stay where they are when they pick up the horns? They'd be more visible, and would not have to run over to the pit area and get mixed up visually.

I still wish they'd find a way to give the violin more to do musically, esp near the ending. I love the sound she contributes to the corps.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 2

Since the platform is gone, why not have the french horns just stay where they are when they pick up the horns? They'd be more visible, and would not have to run over to the pit area and get mixed up visually.

Just what I have been saying.

But I wonder if there is a mic consideration to enhance the projection of an instrument facing backfield.

I still wish they'd find a way to give the violin more to do musically, esp near the ending. I love the sound she contributes to the corps.

I believe they are re staging them today or tomorrow.

Cadets last night were very very strong and improved. As others have mentioned in the show thread, the bass was turned up way too loud on the amp, which was odd considering at the ensemble the night before balance was perfect. I realize it is set different with a full stadium vs. empty metal bleachers - but that covered up the brass a bit too much for my taste. Guard was incredible. Drums were incredible. They do have a lot more cleaning and tweaking to do - I would imagine after laundry tonight they'll be in full out mode through Prelims. Some feet sound in the brass during a few passages, etc held back the brass score I would think. Long stretches of greatness with a bit of short nasty moments when they were hauling.

Hmmm..possibly. Couldn't see on the video if/how much the horns are micced.

There are a row of mics for the horn feature - every 4 horns or so... those would need moved to the right of the pit and the horns onto the front of the field. But then the flag/rifle feature would need moved as well (and I think it should be) - but then would something else need moved, lol, a bit of a ricochet type event

can only lead to even greater enhancement!

Their contribution to both the '15 and '16 shows sets the bar high.

Cadets are practicing a mile from my house today. I'll run over for a bit of ensemble and see if they've moved anything around

#spy