Cadets 2016

Tobias

i have one of those down the street here in Aurora. I like to be adventurous and try all the local brews. so many beers, so little time....;-)

You know, for a DCP rookie, you have a lot of good things to say!

• Like 1

I was there in 1996 where a certain corps from Rockford came into quarterfinals seeded 5th and crashed the party. So anything is possible.

Now, is it highly unlikely that Cadets could crack the top 3 this year, yes, but it's not impossible. It all comes down to who will do the best job with changes and cleaning by finals week.

Not saying they are top 3 BUT that would require judges scoring each appearance and I'm not seeing that. These judges are keeping groups pretty close to where they were slotted for the past few weeks. I'd like ONE guard judge say oh Cadet's guard has really improved and closed some gaps vs putting them in xx place.
  • Like 2

just saw Cadets ensemble run in Urbana MD... corps was improved but still tons of stick outs and mental errors

they weren't practicing with the focus and intensity I'm used to seeing out of them

hopefully I just saw a bad run - and the darn bass amp was way too loud again (like last night in Annapolis)

Hopkins was going down and talking to those guys and fiddling with things - I really don't get how he is involved in that. Seems like the music caption guys would be perfectly capable of designing the overall sound field and balance.. Especially when you have guys like GIno & Colin leading the darn ensemble rehearsal - they are pretty "solid" to say the least lol

anyway - they have a long day of practice tomorrow so hope for a great run in Chester & maybe close the gap with SCV a bit!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Not saying they are top 3 BUT that would require judges scoring each appearance and I'm not seeing that. These judges are keeping groups pretty close to where they were slotted for the past few weeks. I'd like ONE guard judge say oh Cadet's guard has really improved and closed some gaps vs putting them in xx place.

Really improved guard yes. They have come a long way this year no question. But does that translate into them beating any of the guards above them? That is doubtful. Just like the Crown drum line by comparison. Vastly improved...but can they beat SCV, Cadets, Coats or BD...probably not. Not a knock on them...just excellent competition above them.

Are any of those breweries within walking distance of Lucas Oil? On Thursday and Friday, I'm pretty much on my own for grub and libations, as the rest of the family is only attending Finals, but I'll be without transportation.

Edit: Nevermind - was able to locate them. Tow Yard is halfway between the hotel and the stadium, so I'll definitely be able to check them out.

Edited by Eleran

Really improved guard yes. They have come a long way this year no question. But does that translate into them beatdping any of the guards above them? That is doubtful. Just like the Crown drum line by comparison. Vastly improved...but can they beat SCV, Cadets, Coats or BD...probably not. Not a knock on them...just excellent competition above them.

don't disagree with this at all - I think the guard for Cadets will finish with very good run at finals and impress the judges and the "guard folks" around the activity - a caption certainly headed in the right direction. They'll maybe finish 5th or 4th or 3rd. But something nice to build upon for 2017 and hopefully atract (and retain) some great talent

Marc's return has really helped the corps improve the past few weeks, maybe he'll be back in the mix for 2017 as well with drill and helping design the program. Or drill guy could return from last year and prior, Jeff.

• Like 1