Cadets 2016

Tobias

after semi finals I'm hitting the cool bar at my hotel (The Alexander)

anyone or everyone is welcome to joing me!

I'm down. Especially if you devise a cocktail called a Hoptini and instruct the bartender. Would also accept: Bloody George, Tom Hopkins, Garfield Iced Tea, Grasshopkins, Slow Comfortable Screw(ed Out of a Medal).

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 2

I'm down. Especially if you devise a cocktail called a Hoptini and instruct the bartender. Would also accept: Bloody George, Tom Hopkins, Garfield Iced Tea, Grasshopkins, Slow Comfortable Screw(ed Out of a Medal).

. I spent a good amount of time at that bar last year and I saw a guy drink every drink on the menu. He was strong.

Hopkins was going down and talking to those guys and fiddling with things - I really don't get how he is involved in that. Seems like the music caption guys would be perfectly capable of designing the overall sound field and balance.. Especially when you have guys like GIno & Colin leading the darn ensemble rehearsal - they are pretty "solid" to say the least lol

I don't have an opinion on whether he should be that closely involved or not. I trust he's got an ear for this stuff. :)

BUT... I was sitting in the first few rows at Annapolis, and he was visibly frustrated at the levels during different parts of the show. I wouldn't have noticed the trumpet mic level was off, except he was shaking his head and walked over to the sound guy and I heard him say "trumpet mic is too Loeb. Turn it up."

I'm just wondering if that kind of frustration can influence scores, or highlight small issues that might have otherwise been overlooked.

yawn..... morning DCP.

• Like 1

:confused: Who's George Hopkins???

• Like 1

Hop FB:

Early Morning for the Cadets ...

Thursday, 8/4 East Pennsboro

Food we will need food for the drive

Bathrooms ability to move to stadium upon arrival

Travel route thinking 76 to 476 is most direct keep eyes open for traffic before hand but ya never know

Hall of Fame Colin/Hop need ride leaving at 4 pm can we work out ?? do i need to get

others that want to go to Hall of Fame for Colin ???

We could send the white bus ??? or ???

1:30 am - Arrive

7:00 am wake and breakfast

8:00 am the day

8:10 am Stretch

8:45 am visual block

10:45 am percussion lunch

11:15 am lunch

12:00 pm sectionals

2:00 pm set up

2:10 pm ensemble

3:30 pm EPL

5:15 pm to Chester ( 2.5 hour plus drive); traffic nap time

7:50 - Arrive; bathrooms, stretch and wake up

10:09 - GATE

10:29 pm - PERFORM

NO ENCORE

11:00 pm - EPL

12:30am - depart for Birdsboro,

To be Human or not to be Human.. I choose.... to be... :dancin: a dancing fool !!!!!! :sumo::bluedevil:.. :crazy:

• Like 1