Cadets 2016

Tobias

92 cavaliers were clean in most respects

From Hop FB on Cadets tonight:

CADETS

Good show .... marching better ... musical performance not consistent this evening

Getting better and picking up a point a day .... but ... we just have not had that performance that makes everyone glow.

Guard better .... for sure but ... there is more to be had.

Reflection ...

Good.

Very Good.

Lots of people Love you.

The next step awaits.

Do we have the courage to LEAP

The "next step" should have happened when they were in design meetings and rehearsals. Any "LEAP" that may happen will not be enough this year.

And I post that with the upmost respect for the Cadets organization.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 1

91 Star, 92 Cavies, 02 Cavies come to mind.

Cavaliers 2002 was dirty?! I've watched it on high cam a million times and always marvel at how well that incredible drill was marched.

• Like 2

Not trying to be a slang term describing male genitalia or challenge you but do you ever think that maybe Cadets show this season is a little too deep for some spectators to understand, including the judges? I mean, judges have their perceptions and opinions too and unfortunately I do think that there are some personal feelings that get in the way of the outcome of a judged show. Look I'll be honest, I don't understand HALF of what some corps are trying to portray on the field year in and year out. Maybe I'm not that deep, I don't know. Call it what you want but this year....I actually get what the design team was going after and I credit that to the performance of the members. Is it a flawless design like some other corps that I'm not particularly fond of? Not in the least. Are there perhaps some elements that are lacking? Abso-freakin-lutely. Yes, clean clean clean would be a major step in the right direction but as far as portraying a story and/or idea, I think that Cadets have done that pretty well this year but hasn't been very well received by the judging community Whether or not the public/judges get it is one thing but to say that the design of this year was essentially a complete flop.....I respectfully disagree. I don't see their guard as a problematic component. They are so much stronger this year and really add to the effect of telling/portraying the story of the show and I think are staged (and I hate using that word) pretty well compared to recent previous years. Saying that no amount of cleaning is going to make it better is completely asinine to me. Name me ONE world champion corps that was dirty at finals? Besides MAYBE Cadets 2000 and to be honest, we only know that because of what the MMs have said about the performance of finals that night and I think that Tekk and ChaddyT can attest to that.

Cavies in 2001 were filthy. GE was off the charts but BD and Cadets were way cleaner in all performance captions.

Cavaliers 2002 was dirty?! I've watched it on high cam a million times and always marvel at how well that incredible drill was marched.

Please...It's the poster Cappy. 9 out of 10 things he/she mentions about the Cavaliers is negative (ie...saying and I quote "The Cavies show sucks. I hate it" in the thumbs up thread). I've just come to expect it. I understand we all have our preferences and our favorite corps, but seriously come on. I usually just try to ignore it.

• Like 2

Please...It's the poster Cappy. 9 out of 10 things he/she mentions about the Cavaliers is negative (ie...saying and I quote "The Cavies show sucks. I hate it" in the thumbs up thread). I've just come to expect it. I understand we all have our preferences and our favorite corps, but seriously come on. I usually just try to ignore it.

Thanks, you're definitely right lol. I honestly didn't even look at who posted that before I responded. Cappybara comes off as quite the know it all on here for someone who never marched drum corps.

My take on their performance last night at Chester....

... DANG!

The Templin Effect is taking hold as that is the cleanest I've seen that guard all season. You can argue the staging and whatnot, but I found myself focused on them most of the time to hopefully see improvement and I most certainly did. Glad to see them edge SCV for visual.

There was some issues with the electronics for the violin in the opener, and being out towards the 15 lessened some of the musical impacts a bit, but they sounded solid (that stadium lives up to the hype). Closer felt a bit flat compared to recent viewings, but maybe that was the perspective, maybe it was the performance, maybe it was a combination.

Either way, the changes to this show are a VAST improvement. It's amazing how clean they are for how much they've altered. If they stay on this track for the last week, they will compete for 4th.

KEEP PUSHING CADETS!

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 3

Cadets show was pretty darn impressive last night. I liked them better than last year and was impressed with the color guard as well. There were some cool moments the color guard created and the all black uniforms work better in this show than last year. Glad I can say I really enjoyed the show. Even if they don't move up or even finish lower, I still can say I enjoyed the show. Last year, I was left feeling a little flat when I saw them live. Not this year though.