Cadets 2016

Tobias

In all fairness, I don't think '91 Star was any cleaner than '11 Cadets or '13 Crown. They all three were really crazy visual shows from a demand standpoint. Personally, I would take less sparkling clean for more demand, because to me it is just more thrilling. If you could have seen '91 Star live Cappybara, you would just sit there trying to scrap your jaw off the ground. It was unbelievable.

Definitely wish I was there

• Like 2

Drum corps is a youth activity that brings out the worst in adults. It's always been fascinating to me.

GO CADETS! Finish this thing! Make a video you are proud of!

Sam you're paradoxically hilarious.

• Like 1

Drum corps is a youth activity that brings out the worst in adults. It's always been fascinating to me.

GO CADETS! Finish this thing! Make a video you are proud of!

to disagree in a post on DCP isn't exactly rising to the level of "the worst in people"

where I see that in the activity is alumni/fans who moan and complain and never donate and/or volunteer - drives me wacko

half the corps are broke and the other half don't have enough volunteers so you end up with 4 poor souls trying to feed 175 people 3 meals and 2 snacks a day!

on here we have people who have never marched, nor volunteered, nor donated - pontificating as "experts" and when some of us call them out we are insulted

I totally agree on the Cadets. Work hard the next few days, get your rest and make the finals performance the best it possibly can be!

In all fairness, I don't think '91 Star was any cleaner than '11 Cadets or '13 Crown. They all three were really crazy visual shows from a demand standpoint. Personally, I would take less sparkling clean for more demand, because to me it is just more thrilling. If you could have seen '91 Star live Cappybara, you would just sit there trying to scrap your jaw off the ground. It was unbelievable.

91/92/93/94 were interesting years - you had the "Field visual" judges sometimes taking very old school approaches to their scoring - almost tick like, while the GE Visual and Ensemble visual judges were much more modern in their approach - rewarding design and/or difficulty. Even the names of the judges assigned in some of those captions are still judging today. George O for example was a visual judge for Star 91.

Star 91 had some drill that "never quite got there" but it was also remarkably organic and difficult. Fluid flex drill... Very Zingali. Musically the corps was a stunner. I personally thought the scores were most correct at Quarterfinals - the last two nights the panel was putting Regiment & Scouts ahead in captions and subcaptions and the anti-Star boo crowd was going bonkers over Cavaliers and their 2000 flags (that year) - it ending up closer than what was on the field IMO

• Like 2

There's that word again....cheesy.

There will be a arugula orgy at the hotel Saturday night after the show. Please bring your own condomints. :dancin::whip:

• Like 3

There will be a arugula orgy at the hotel Saturday night after the show. Please bring your own condomints. :dancin::whip:

Omg dude you're hilarious...

to disagree in a post on DCP isn't exactly rising to the level of "the worst in people"

where I see that in the activity is alumni/fans who moan and complain and never donate and/or volunteer - drives me wacko

half the corps are broke and the other half don't have enough volunteers so you end up with 4 poor souls trying to feed 175 people 3 meals and 2 snacks a day!

on here we have people who have never marched, nor volunteered, nor donated - pontificating as "experts" and when some of us call them out we are insulted

I totally agree on the Cadets. Work hard the next few days, get your rest and make the finals performance the best it possibly can be!

91/92/93/94 were interesting years - you had the "Field visual" judges sometimes taking very old school approaches to their scoring - almost tick like, while the GE Visual and Ensemble visual judges were much more modern in their approach - rewarding design and/or difficulty. Even the names of the judges assigned in some of those captions are still judging today. George O for example was a visual judge for Star 91.

Star 91 had some drill that "never quite got there" but it was also remarkably organic and difficult. Fluid flex drill... Very Zingali. Musically the corps was a stunner. I personally thought the scores were most correct at Quarterfinals - the last two nights the panel was putting Regiment & Scouts ahead in captions and subcaptions and the anti-Star boo crowd was going bonkers over Cavaliers and their 2000 flags (that year) - it ending up closer than what was on the field IMO

I don't get insulted as much as it makes me sad. I remember all the parents and supporters who helped out by volunteering and donating when I was a kid marching way back when. I feel it is my duty now to do as much as I can to help.

I am looking forward to seeing the Cadets and all the corps soon in Indy. I wish them all the best.

• Like 1

I don't get insulted as much as it makes me sad. I remember all the parents and supporters who helped out by volunteering and donating when I was a kid marching way back when. I feel it is my duty now to do as much as I can to help.

I am looking forward to seeing the Cadets and all the corps soon in Indy. I wish them all the best.

agreed. Even if you can only volunteer for a day - it's a great experience and the corps need the love!

• Like 1