Cadets 2016

Tobias

No, that post was to show xandandl that sometimes you shouldn't be haughty about something and then double down on it, especially if there's a decent chance you're wrong.

Ok. Good job. Lol.

And I agree as well. Sometimes someone offers a critique and people jump down their throat. But there are others who just only bash over and over and never say a kind word. That's ridiculous as well. Jmo

As I said...there are extremes on both sides. Lots of passionate Cadet fans and Cadet detractors. I consider myself to be mostly a fan. Which ia why I've been extremely critical of this year's show because the members deserve the chance to perform the best show that can be designed.

What cracks me up is Cadets were, what?, a few tenths behind SCV Thursday night - a program that has been gushed over all summer long as "brilliant" and "awe inspiring" - grown men on DCP saying they "wept" watching it

And yet there's Cadets - with apparently a program so poorly designed and staged in every way - right there tenths away

Believe it not, not everyone's emotional response to a show is based on how it scores.

Maybe drum corps doesn't come from a score. Maybe drum corps, perhaps, means a little bit more.

• Like 9

As I said...there are extremes on both sides. Lots of passionate Cadet fans and Cadet detractors. I consider myself to be mostly a fan. Which ia why I've been extremely critical of this year's show because the members deserve the chance to perform the best show that can be designed.

Well I think you've been more than fair. Hopefully tonight they'll have a great run and win some more fans over. It's a talented group and the changes have been good the past 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Believe it not, not everyone's emotional response to a show is based on how it scores.

Maybe drum corps doesn't come from a score. Maybe drum corps, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Cute. But you missed the point. The poster was saying the hard work of the members wouldn't matter (score wise) because the design was such a disaster. And yet the same folks praising SCV which was half a point higher in score.

Anyway. Lol.

auldschool- Guess you should re-read what I posted. Never said someone is not entitled to their opinion. But when people come and post the same thing over and over and over it stops being an opinion. It becomes bashing. It comes across as a vendetta. I get angry over things but don't come here EVERYDAY and post the same negative remarks over and over and neither do you. Have some thing constructive to say great. But we don't have to tolerate the ones that go out of their way to attack and bash someone or something daily.

Edited by jonwoody
  • Like 1

auldschool- Guess you should re-read what I posted. Never said someone is not entitled to their opinion. But when people come and post the same thing over and over and over it stops being an opinion. It becomes bashing. It comes across as a vendetta. I get angry over things but don't come here EVERYDAY and post the same negative remarks over and over and neither do you. Have some thing constructive to say great. But we don't have to tolerate the ones that go out of their way to attack and bash someone or something daily.

I'm not sure who you're referring to that comes in here everyday and posts the same negative remarks everyday. I just ignore that kind of thing and not let it get to me. It's a message board. That kind of things happens. No biggie.

• Like 1

Do you remember several years ago when the Blue Devils were being criticized pretty heavily on DCP? The beginning of the year is was Phantom Regiment and now it's the Cadets and Madison Scouts. I think George Dixon is leading to a point: Only those who have given their time and/or money supporting a particular corps should be making comments. And I think these people would not even come close to making some of the comments that I have read on DCP.

Good Luck Cadets tonight. I really like the changes and improvement over the past few weeks. The guard is beginning to remind me when April G. was caption head.

Do you remember several years ago when the Blue Devils were being criticized pretty heavily on DCP? The beginning of the year is was Phantom Regiment and now it's the Cadets and Madison Scouts. I think George Dixon is leading to a point: Only those who have given their time and/or money supporting a particular corps should be making comments. And I think these people would not even come close to making some of the comments that I have read on DCP.

Good Luck Cadets tonight. I really like the changes and improvement over the past few weeks. The guard is beginning to remind me when April G. was caption head.

Yes the guard is underrated. Would like to see them move up tonight. They are performing very well.