Cadets 2016

Tobias

auldschool,

If you look at what they have done the past month, I think the staff they have is more that able to clean as well if not better than any staff they have had. Cadets don't make excuses, they just go to work. These kids are amazing and hope next year the ones that can will return. Great future for the Cadets. Oh and being 5th in brass.. the judges need to judge performance before them at the moment.

• Like 1

I hope no one believes I was making excuses for The Cadets. I was not. They are tough, resilient, and I'm proud of them mo matter what. I'm a mom type who adopts a few of them and like any mom, I have a little bit of mama tiger in me.

They'll be fine. Speed bump on the road. We all encounter them.

Carry on. :-)

• Like 3

Cadets slipped behind Cavies for first time all season but the gaps between 4-6 have narrowed tremendously. SCV beat Cadets by 1.5 at last regional so keep cleaning Cadets!

Cadets slipped behind Cavies for first time all season but the gaps between 4-6 have narrowed tremendously. SCV beat Cadets by 1.5 at last regional so keep cleaning Cadets!

exactly. lost in the weeds is how they've improved 5 points since Nashville, closed they gap with SCV from 1.5 to .4 ish and have also really closed the gap between them at the top 3

exactly. lost in the weeds is how they've improved 5 points since Nashville, closed they gap with SCV from 1.5 to .4 ish and have also really closed the gap between them at the top 3

Still think Cadets are cleaning up great with all the changes and a few solid days left to move up to 4th....

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Still think Cadets are cleaning up great with all the changes and a few solid days left to move up to 4th....

I think they've got a great shot at 4th!

• Like 1

But we all know the gaps narrow at the end of the season. So, this doesn't mean anything. Judging is subjective. They've been slotted for a month. No amount of cleaning is going to change that. They will finish 4th, 5th or 6th. Right now the trend is toward 6th. And.....who cares? It's another great show like last year.

• Like 1

My take from seeing them 48 hours apart:

My seating was dramatically different between the two shows, but my takeaway was that Thursday in Chester was a slightly better run, at least from a visual/guard standpoint. Musically in A-town, I thought they were slightly better, but I was also sitting directly in front of an amp so I was hearing little things I wasn't used to which always makes me think they're tearing.

This 4-6 cluster is separated by less than half a point. I see this being a dogfight for the last week and who takes 4th will literally come down to whoever has their best performance on Saturday.

I do think that of the three, Cadets have the most room to still improve, but they have struggled with consistency this year. This is not a slam on the corps by any means. The amount of changes they've had to overcome is the most I've seen of any top corps in recent memory - of course consistency will be an issue.

I don't see them "losing it". I see 4th on Saturday (and 6th overall) at DCI East as fire being lit under both kids' and staffs' ##### alike.

I would look for an angrily focused corps heading towards Indianapolis this week.

• Like 1