Cadets 2016

Tobias

Have you ever marched in a drum corps?

yes

The demand in their show this year is much harder to achieve at the level they want to reach than props and design.

Still 6 days to max out as much as possible.

So basically their effect is more performance-dependent. I buy that. But why not have good props and design AND great performance-derived effect?

• Like 1

Have you ever marched in a drum corps?

The demand in their show this year is much harder to achieve at the level they want to reach than props and design.

Still 6 days to max out as much as possible.

He marched Cadets.

Well I guess if someone peed in his cereal that would explain the constant negative attitude. :glare:

auldschool-

My point was I get the feeling the judges have already a placement set in their minds for Cadets music so no matter what they do they will not be rewarded for their hard work. But last night they tie for 1st with bluecoats so these judges must have gotten my e-mails lol.

• Like 1

Well I guess if someone peed in his cereal that would explain the constant negative attitude. :glare:

I think he marched in 2006 (I might be wrong), so I can understand some of his feelings, but at some point you just gotta let go.

The early season "hot mess" of a show is barely recognizable now. The changes and the frenzied cleaning are paying off big time. Go Cadets!

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 2

Ah..the "Pink Picnic Table Show" that kind of explains some of it. He probably wanted to wear the rabbit suit lol.

auldschool-

My point was I get the feeling the judges have already a placement set in their minds for Cadets music so no matter what they do they will not be rewarded for their hard work. But last night they tie for 1st with bluecoats so these judges must have gotten my e-mails lol.

The sheets do not have the words 'reward hard work or reward demand' Need to work smart not hard - otherwise you will drive MM away. Ta ta

• Like 1

The sheets do not have the words 'reward hard work or reward demand' Need to work smart not hard - otherwise you will drive MM away. Ta ta

I think the sheets say if you play your horns and drums well, we reward you. Doesn't matter if we like your GE show arc.