Cadets 2016

Tobias

I wonder if the cake props could have been made less obtrusive. Visually they really are distracting.

I'm sure the line of buyer's will be long to purchase those.

I believe that was the goal of the black and white covering (and losing the front stage)

The show was written around them so can't "remove" - but the multicolored original versions were a lot more obnoxious

• Like 1

I wonder if the cake props could have been made less obtrusive. Visually they really are distracting.

I'm sure the line of buyer's will be long to purchase those.

Smfh, there are lots of corps this year using lots of props (slides, windmills, trees, etc.). Are you making the same complaints about THOSE being distracting as well? Or are you just piling on?

• Like 1

Smfh, there are lots of corps this year using lots of props (slides, windmills, trees, etc.). Are you making the same complaints about THOSE being distracting as well? Or are you just piling on?

Well, I find poppycock excessively negative, but agree on this point.. Bluecoats slides are moved and used in different ways. They are intentionally there to block the view of the corps at some points. BD props are in the back and used like cadets did in 1996 (which worked well). SCV's tree is pretty far backfield and doesn't block drill/corps. I'm not knocking the Cadets and am typically their biggest cheer leader. Having said that, I think the cakes add more visual clutter than they clarify. I understand the desire to elevate the statues. You will notice there aren't nearly as many people on them now as the start of the season on the right side of the field. Could it be less visually obtrusive? I would be willing to bet (although I have no access to find out) that the judges have made similar comments based on the changes to the covering. The stage is now gone too. Bad idea? Maybe not, but didn't work how they wanted.

• Like 1

Well, I find poppycock excessively negative, but agree on this point.. Bluecoats slides are moved and used in different ways. They are intentionally there to block the view of the corps at some points. BD props are in the back and used like cadets did in 1996 (which worked well). SCV's tree is pretty far backfield and doesn't block drill/corps. I'm not knocking the Cadets and am typically their biggest cheer leader. Having said that, I think the cakes add more visual clutter than they clarify. I understand the desire to elevate the statues. You will notice there aren't nearly as many people on them now as the start of the season on the right side of the field. Could it be less visually obtrusive? I would be willing to bet (although I have no access to find out) that the judges have made similar comments based on the changes to the covering. The stage is now gone too. Bad idea? Maybe not, but didn't work how they wanted.

While this is true, whenever Cadets have used props that are used to BLOCK the view at certain points in the show, or used in certain ways (2013 towers, 2015 with those blocks), some of the same complaints are made. So while some corps MAY use their props more effective than others, the same complaints by the same people are getting old.

• Like 1