Cadets 2016

Tobias

OMG THE HEIGHTS IS GROUNDBREAKING....

...and I'm not just saying that because I'm from NYC.

I loved it!! With cadets based close to NYC it could be a cool fit

OMG THE HEIGHTS IS GROUNDBREAKING....

...and I'm not just saying that because I'm from NYC.

The Heights is the bomb! Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I saw the show and I enjoyed it but didn't find it as transformational as everyone in NYC seems to

Personally I enjoyed his prior show The Heights more

I will listen to the score

That's fair! I just think it could work very well, and the thought of basing a drum feature off of rap would be innovative and work VERY well. Non-Stop could be used like One Day More in 2013 and History Has it's Eyes on You/Stay Alive would make a lovely ballad.

That's fair! I just think it could work very well, and the thought of basing a drum feature off of rap would be innovative and work VERY well. Non-Stop could be used like One Day More in 2013 and History Has it's Eyes on You/Stay Alive would make a lovely ballad.

Interesting

I will listen to these

Interesting

I will listen to these

I would also recommend Guns and Ships, Washington on Your Side, and And Stay Alive (Reprise). That's it I'll stop geeking out haha
  • Like 1

I am going to repeat my usual suggestion. Do Mass as an identity crisis show about what it means to be the Cadets. It starts simple and pure,complete with the maroon and gold unis, and goes down a road with electronics, trombones, lots of amplification, and members discarding the maroon jacket and ultimately replacing the jackets with a great simple company front finale. For me the best of both worlds. Do as many "modern" elements, but put that into a context where the very act of doing those things is part of the real struggle and drama being portrayed. I just feel like everything happening on the field needs a purpose. If they can someone turn the show into what it really means to be the Cadets, that would be a fitting hommage to the 87 show. Otherwise, just go play scales and run laps.

• Like 1

today's schedule for the Cadets:

WEDNESDAY 8/10 -- Greenfield / Knightstown
REDO

Day 2 in INDY

8:30 AM Wake
9:15 AM to school
9:45 AM Breakfast
10:30 AM Day
10:45 AM stretch and run
11:30 AM Visual Block
2:30 PM Percussion lunch
3:00 PM Brass lunch
3:45 PM Sectionals
6:45 PM Snack and set up
7:15 PM ensemble
9:00 PM Dinner
10:00 PM ( Staff Hall of Fame )
11:00 PM with Hopkins
11:30 PM buses to hotel
12:30 AM arrive
lights out

• Like 1

So to change the topic a bit ____ what is upside for the cadets this Saturday? 4th the highest they could go or anyone think a medal is an outside chance?

Barring a disaster from one of the top 3, I don't see a medal happening. 3 points is logistically impossible to overcome at this point in the season.

• Like 1

Barring a disaster from one of the top 3, I don't see a medal happening. 3 points is logistically impossible to overcome at this point in the season.

The 3 point gap from the top just confirms the judges feel the Cadets show design wise is not in that top tier. I agree Cadets have the ability to do very well in the music caption, continue to close some of the gaps in Visual and GE but the best case scenerio is a strong 4th place perhaps 1.3-1.5 down from bronze. Great momentum for next year considering where they started this year. Hoping that's what we see but regardless, Cadets 2016 have earned a lot of respect from many as to overcoming the odds that they have had over this difficult season. Congrats to the kids, shame on GH for allowing himself and the design team to take the entire winter off apparently. Hoping Jeff Saktig returns and Sully stays on. Edited by Tobias