Cadets 2016

Tobias

Mr. Dixon. Please review what you said about today's young.

The young people who try out for the Cadets are all part of the same generation. Does the fact that they have as yet to march or perhaps had to change their original plans about an opportunity to march with the Cadets change anything?

In my opinion.....no.

zero idea what you are talking about...

I was responding to a post about being surprised they are not "good planners"

Each generation has faced tougher and tougher issues being able to march, longer school years, higher tuition costs (both college and drum corps dues), extreme time commitment.

I'm not going to be drawn into an argument. I just found the "good planner" comment surprising and illustrative

Sorry the kids can't participate - I know Cadets have done what they can, given the game we play, to help make it easier - reducing winter camps, using technology etc...

I help sponsor kids and donate to several corps - volunteered in the past, etc.

So I'm not the guilty party here.

And frankly there's a lot of "commit and figure it out later" going on these days. More so than 20-30 years ago in my own personal experience with an evolving activity

Edited by George Dixon

zero idea what you are talking about...

I was responding to a post about being surprised they are not "good planners"

Each generation has faced tougher and tougher issues being able to march, longer school years, higher tuition costs (both college and drum corps dues), extreme time commitment.

I'm not going to be drawn into an argument. I just found the "good planner" comment surprising and illustrative

Sorry the kids can't participate - I know Cadets have done what they can, given the game we play, to help make it easier - reducing winter camps, using technology etc...

I help sponsor kids and donate to several corps - volunteered in the past, etc.

So I'm not the guilty party here.

And frankly there's a lot of "commit and figure it out later" going on these days. More so than 20-30 years ago in my own personal experience with an evolving activity

THIs is one of many serious reasons why some corps, winterguards, etc etc are not around today ( financially anyway)

Edited by GUARDLING

Some folks just like to argue, maybe out of boredom or loneliness, to call attention to themselves.

Some folks are action folks who solve problems with solutions and energy.

Here's one who also knows how to plan against tough situations.

Tony Adamo marched cadets bass drum line in the '80s.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xlf1/v/t42.1790-2/12838425_778490232281127_1857349247_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQzNSwicmxhIjo2MTUsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoidjNfNDI2X2NyZl8yM19tYWluXzMuMF9zZCJ9&rl=435&vabr=242&oh=1fe253cfa11b3d9f45e60d1426e934be&oe=56DCBDEC

He joins another, a Cadet former DM, who has run emergency housing for Hurricane Katrina victims in NOLA and another Cadet bari who amongst several joined him in building and re-doing homes. Cadet alum Cathy Healy (mello) has done much work with Habitat for Humanity and Rural Nursing care. Way to go Cadets.

THIs is one of many serious reasons why some corps, winterguards, etc etc are not around today

I know. It's really frustrating. A part of the game now for

Mr. Dixon. You were the one who stated the comment about youth. If things were perfect, it could all be erased. But it's clearly above.

My name is George. I was responding to another comment. Let's just agree to disagree.

Excuse me for being honest. Such a mistake on my part.

I'm taking a vacation from this website. You guys are downright ridiculous. No mystery why the site is dying.

• Like 1