Cadets 2016

Tobias

Design will be huge. As you say, we know they'll be CLEAN. She'll get them "April clean"

The clip Hop shared, some of the guard ends up down on the front stage they have planned. Should be interesting assuming they are doing work at that point (they have silks)

I thought the 2014 stage was very underutilized so I'm excited to see them actually drum/spin/blow ON the risers in the front

I also can't get over how strong they sound on the move this early. Wow. Even ensemble sounds pretty solid for the first time lining up on the move...

Crazy how talented these members are anymore...

He did a lot of guard right up front stuff with Claudia Taylor Johnson this past year.

• Like 1

Design will be huge. As you say, we know they'll be CLEAN. She'll get them "April clean"

The clip Hop shared, some of the guard ends up down on the front stage they have planned. Should be interesting assuming they are doing work at that point (they have silks)

I thought the 2014 stage was very underutilized so I'm excited to see them actually drum/spin/blow ON the risers in the front

I also can't get over how strong they sound on the move this early. Wow. Even ensemble sounds pretty solid for the first time lining up on the move...

Crazy how talented these members are anymore...

When I spoke with the kids at the wine tasting, they said they had a good amount of vets and the new kids a higher amount of WC marchers (hand full from Crown, 1 or 2 from Bluecoats and about 20 from Spirit). Then you get the kids up from C2 so you have pretty good MMs to work with. Of course it's the staffs responsibility to design the product obviously. Captions should be solid and guard should perform better (design we'll see). Interested in the black uni with new accents to see effect in the field. Me loves the maroon, cream n gold.

Yes, GH stage will be used for guard, brass maybe percussion features so should be cool.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

When I spoke with the kids at the wine tasting, they said they had a good amount of vets and the new kids a higher amount of WC marchers (hand full from Crown, 1 or 2 from Bluecoats and about 20 from Spirit). Then you get the kids up from C2 so you have pretty good MMs to work with. Of course it's the staffs responsibility to design the product obviously. Captions should be solid and guard should perform better (design we'll see). Interested in the black uni with new accents to see effect in the field. Me loves the maroon, cream n gold.

Yes, GH stage will be used for guard, brass maybe percussion features so should be cool.

I miss the M&G also - but I do think for this show retaining the black made sense. Knowing the mood of what they are aiming to achieve

I'm excited so see more of the drill hit the field and especially see how the guard comes together over the next few weeks...

I can't recall the last time I saw a corps with a set of just two timpani. Maybe they're not using timpani the rest of the show?

Darryl (drill writer) marched Cadets 7 years and then taught for a few years and learned from Jeff as Jeff learned from Mark n George so not worried about drill. Guard is my big question mark. I know they'll be clean with Kristy by latter part of season (unlike last year) but the writer needs to be on his mark. We'll see.

Eight years. Darryl marched 1988 - 1995 and was on the visual staff from 96-01.

Eight years. Darryl marched 1988 - 1995 and was on the visual staff from 96-01.

Wow. He started young. This year they only have 3 brass from HS. Anyway, I'm sure he's competent and they will look like Cadets. (Black Cadets).

Thanks for the info. Didn't you teach Cadets too?

Edited by Tobias

20 from Spirit?

That's a lot. A lot a lot a lot.

20 from Spirit?

That's a lot. A lot a lot a lot.

Two of the kids I talked to Cadet vets 14, 15. 16

were also from Spirit. I didn't realize the connection between the two corps but it's been going on for a few years. Great kidsX

Great FB bid on full ensemble but guess it expired or was taken downX 😞

Edited by Tobias