Cadets 2016

Tobias

Actually the lack of success at Glassmen was brought up in a not so innocent way lol

Anyway, they have a lot to prove. Typically Hopkins has been a great identifier and attracter of talent. Let's hope his run continues! Other corps just steal staff

I think corps philosophy, talent, work ethic allow staff to become successful just as a corps benefits from good teachers. The talent pool at Cadets is grand so I am confident the guard will do well. Just a side note, last year the guard caption head left around ST and Bruno had to jump into that role along with the many other roles he had. Cadets guard in 2014 without a big staff interruption placed where at finals?
  • Like 2

Actually the lack of success at Glassmen was brought up in a not so innocent way lol

Anyway, they have a lot to prove. Typically Hopkins has been a great identifier and attracter of talent. Let's hope his run continues! Other corps just steal staff

So, even if it were. There are circumstances why things are or aren't successful. There is always stuff that follows one round BUT because Glassmen werent maybe where people thought they should be didnt make them un successful. It's all perspective. Now, if one wants to compare how staff handle a given situation in a certain place ( which can be very different in many different ways ) That can be a very legit question or observation imo. It can also mean something very different in a new place. Expectations can be a great motivator or a great tell tale. As you said, we just gotta wait and see and of course wish Cadets in all sections the best period.

So, even if it were. There are circumstances why things are or aren't successful. There is always stuff that follows one round BUT because Glassmen werent maybe where people thought they should be didnt make them un successful. It's all perspective. Now, if one wants to compare how staff handle a given situation in a certain place ( which can be very different in many different ways ) That can be a very legit question or observation imo. It can also mean something very different in a new place. Expectations can be a great motivator or a great tell tale. As you said, we just gotta wait and see and of course wish Cadets in all sections the best period.

Good segue' point and transition back to Cadets 2016, leaving the historical questions to the Historical Junior Corps forum.

• Like 1

Guards' simultaneous responsibilities and athletic demands are beyond my comprehension

Mine as well. I think I would have been in guard in this life, but unfortunately I can barely catch a baseball let alone a flag or rifle.

• Like 1

Agree . We're all watching and waiting :-) George gets a little excited sometimes.

I think we're watching the " visual" captions this season but how do we know without recaps??

Agree . We're all watching and waiting :-) George gets a little excited sometimes.

Not just George, ha, ha.

Without recaps, and having to stand there like statues, will have to develop a new metric to count tossed babies.

Edited by xandandl

Well Cadets, Regiment, Boston, and Bloo will be in New England already that week, not all nights are booked with contests, and its only a ferry-ride from Portland...

The Cat started up again for the fast runs, and Giblets and Hopkins were attending these last year (Scotland, Virginia, etc.) with speculative interest,

And definitely cooler than some of the tough June weather here abouts...

http://www.novascotia.com/events/festivals-and-events/royal-nova-scotia-international-tattoo-2016/-2579?utm_source=Visit+Nova+Scotia+newsletter&utm_campaign=618af111c9-June-2016-NS-Promo-Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d5e0a55d90-618af111c9-187066829&goal=0_d5e0a55d90-618af111c9-187066829

Goes to show ya how the visuals have been injected in most all musical productions. Ive been to a few symphonies that had huge screens and projected images all over the room, light shows fog machines, electronics , video,pyrotechnics etc etc. We ARE a visual society no doubt.

Drum Corps and Cadets , as well as most others have known this for decades. :smile: far from JMO.

Edited by GUARDLING