Cadets 2016

Tobias

Anyone else notice that the trumpet soloist (who was phenomenal) was wearing what looked like a wireless earpiece? Could also have been hearing protection, I suppose.

Still thinking the show has depth and plenty of room to grow. If they were "Wow so clean" already, it would be puzzling. Long season we'll see.

I think you're correct but that score has them

In a totally different tier of corps. Bright spot GE score was .4 under Crown maybe judges are seeing something there under all the mud. No percussion judge didn't help Cadets but 3 points is 3 points However you slice it..😞

I don't think Cadets look dated at all this year. The last 3 yes, but not this year.

They are very dirty. I agree with those saying transitions are very rough. That was my first impression from watching the preview.

Overall I am more excited about this show than any since 2011. The guard really is rough though. They clearly do not get the talent that BD, Crown, or even Bloo get in that caption anymore. That is hard for an alumnus from the 90s. They were our strongest caption....[/quoted

Agree with you but that score was really out of it. Id like to see some gap closing quickly. Cadets need a bunch of techs all over the field,

Edited by Tobias

Unbelievable that Cadets are almost 3 points down.

GE score not bad considering so dirty. No drum judge also pushed music score down I think. Work to do for sure but the past few seasons Cadets have been over Crown and Bloo by that at first show and look what happened in August so let them fix and clean. Week 2-3 in July I start to look at rankings and trends BUT congrats to Bloo and Crown for great showings! Edited by Tobias

Hope they figure out what to do with Adonis.

They put an ad out for a beach-body dude and then yesterday, dressed him up like just another guard member. Considering how little he is in the show, seems a waste of a member at this point, especially when you already have two soloists.

I thought the French horn feature was awesome, though I did play French horn in high school! That was a really cool moment.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1