Cadets 2016

Tobias

BD has been pushing the activity that direction for years.

Bluecoats just called their bluff and then some. In regards to the WGI/DCI line, I guess it depends how you define drum corps. IMO, the only dramatic thing that Bloo's doing different this year is swapping a traditional uniform for a specific "costume".

They're still marching. They're still playing. They're still spinning.

(And doing them pretty well for June, I might add.)

Well, I'm not here to take anything away from Bluecoats' accomplishments or their achievements. But I think it's kind of an overstatement to say that they're being innovative per se when many aspects of their show originated in the WGI activity. Regardless. the show is good and I won't speak negatively of it,, but it's June and we know a lot can happen between now and August.

• Like 2

Well, I'm not here to take anything away from Bluecoats' accomplishments or their achievements. But I think it's kind of an overstatement to say that they're being innovative per se when many aspects of their show originated in the WGI activity. Regardless. the show is good and I won't speak negatively of it,, but it's June and we know a lot can happen between now and August.

They may not be innovating per se, but they were without doubt the most unique corps in that stadium last night.

But this is the Cadets thread, so...

When do they meet up with Bloo and Crown again?

Bluecoats are selling Bluecoats. They do everything well and that makes it more successful. Cadets could not do slides. It wouldn't work. They can do what they're doing but they have to do it better. Much better. I think they will. In fact, if they do what I think they can with this, they'll medal. Yes even being 3 points out of first right now.

Everything about this post is exactly what I think.

Don't count those medals yet, white-leotard-band.

To repeat what gets hammered in every thread, including this one: It's June.

Oh, and also, we haven't seen anything from west of Kansas yet, have we?

Honk

Edited by garfield

Honk

For all we know, the Blue Devils are here to chew bubble gum and kick ###, and they're all out of gum while on their quest for the mythical three-peat.

Or SCV might be looking to do the same, wanting to score a ring or medal for the first time in a while.

Honk

Sure wish the white-leotard-band was in your Dublin show.

• Like 2

Sure wish the white-leotard-band was in your Dublin show.

At least Bluecoats alumni aren't #####ing another the uni change like Cadets. But when you're winning, easier to overlook I suspect.

Just to clarify...white-leotard-band was not MY comment.

I know. I was trying to give a good statement out to soften someone's not so nice one. You'll win DCI this year so who cares about comments here.