Cadets 2016

Tobias

Well, I'm not here to take anything away from Bluecoats' accomplishments or their achievements. But I think it's kind of an overstatement to say that they're being innovative per se when many aspects of their show originated in the WGI activity. Regardless. the show is good and I won't speak negatively of it,, but it's June and we know a lot can happen between now and August.

They slide a lot. That's something I've never seen before, sure, but it's not taken far enough for it be innovative to me.

There is nothing innovative about their drill, no matter how well they perform it. It looks great, but what's new about it?

There was a lot more creativity with their shows over the past 2 years.

I'm not saying the Cadets are being innovative either, though. There's only so much that can be avant garde about marching band.

Like you said, I'm assuming there's a lot more that bloo is going to throw in. Should be interesting. Same with what the Cadets will do with editing, IMO.

Perhaps the truth is that it's not that the Cadets choices and preparation are bad or fall short in ANY way... but rather Bluecoats choices and preparation are just that good and out of the norm. Perhaps Crown is more polished that a typical contender on the first night out.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride people. Don't sell out your favourites because of the adjudication on any night (much less night one!)

• Like 3

They slide a lot. That's something I've never seen before, sure, but it's not taken far enough for it be innovative to me.

There is nothing innovative about their drill, no matter how well they perform it. It looks great, but what's new about it?

There was a lot more creativity with their shows over the past 2 years.

I'm not saying the Cadets are being innovative either, though. There's only so much that can be avant garde about marching band.

Like you said, I'm assuming there's a lot more that bloo is going to throw in. Should be interesting. Same with what the Cadets will do with editing, IMO.

Bluecoats didn't hit the nail on the head because of the novelties in the show. They hit the nail on the head because of the novelties... and they have no weaknesses. They are solid in every caption. Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

Cadets are like my hussy of an ex...

TOO DATED.

What even...

I actually thought the camera angles from earlier this week made the show easier to understand, thus made it come across better. For example, I felt the broadcast tonight totally missed the entrance of the Adonis character, which appears to be a huge GE moment of the show.

Parking Adonis in the front of the stage, behind the line of the DM's is a mistake, I think. He gets lost among the clutter and people down there. Not sure how, but he needs to be highlighted more prior to his big entrance in the ballad, I think. (I know, I know, me and my massive designing credentials...)

Mike

• Like 1

George Dixon if you are on here. I have been rewatching the preview, and wonder what part of the 2nd piece you think needs rewriting. I do think the second half of the closer does, and as most corps of course, will get a rewrite, but I am actually good with Pines when I look at what they are trying to do.