Cadets 2016

Tobias

Cadets are like my hussy of an ex...

TOO DATED.

Dated? It's a modernize Cadets. They've taken huge strides (and risks). More than any corps out there sans Bloo.

Perhaps the truth is that it's not that the Cadets choices and preparation are bad or fall short in ANY way... but rather Bluecoats choices and preparation are just that good and out of the norm. Perhaps Crown is more polished that a typical contender on the first night out.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride people. Don't sell out your favourites because of the adjudication on any night (much less night one!)

Agreed. Corps certainly at different levels of preparedness. Crown/Bloo structurally in better position than Cadets obviously. Cadets scored in the 5-7 tier. Lots of cleaning and some design considerations for sure but doable.

Oh ok, I thought I saw only music analysis and brass on from the press box.

Wonder why Cadets were so low in music?

Caption Bleed.

Bluecoats didn't hit the nail on the head because of the novelties in the show. They hit the nail on the head because of the novelties... and they have no weaknesses. They are solid in every caption.

They didn't hit the nail on the head because of the novelties, they hit the nail on the head because of the novelties.

Sounds like a 'Coats honk right there.

Care to clarify?

Oh, and they do have "weaknesses", otherwise they'd have scored 100 on opening night, right?

(Feet back down to Earth, right?)

I think people mis-read the meaning of innovation. If innovation was strictly defined as something No One has ever done, there would be very few things labeled innovative.

Innovation, IMO, is contextual.

The Broadway show Hamilton isn't innovative because it's elements have never been done--hip-hop, history, diverse cast--but in the way they are combined and within the context they are presented.

• Like 1

I think people mis-read the meaning of innovation. If innovation was strictly defined as something No One has ever done, there would be very few things labeled innovative.

The Broadway show Hamilton isn't innovative because it's elements have never been done--hip-hop, history, diverse cast--but in the way they are combined and within the context they are presented.

Has there ever been a show about Hamilton before?

It's innovative because it's about Hamilton, right?

• Like 2

Good point. I can't say for certain that a lot of what Bloo is doing this year has been done in drum corps before...or has it?

They didn't hit the nail on the head because of the novelties, they hit the nail on the head because of the novelties.

Sounds like a 'Coats honk right there.

Care to clarify?

Oh, and they do have "weaknesses", otherwise they'd have scored 100 on opening night, right?

(Feet back down to Earth, right?)

You misquoted me and called me something that I'm not. Go back, read my statement again and quote me fully. Edited by cfirwin3