Cadets 2016

Tobias

Clifton will not be the highest stadium to get a good read of the effective changes being put in Thursday and Friday.

Boston College will be a much better read as everything is geared to effectiveness in LOS and its gargantuan proportions.

Edited by xandandl

After the Cavaliers score tonight, tomorrow feels like do or die for Cadets. I know the scores were inflated, but man the stakes are so high for this reset.

And Cavies score would have them a few the BD so.....

Clifton will not be the highest stadium to get a good read of the effective changes being put in Thursday and Friday.

Boston College will be a much better read as everything is geared to effectiveness in LOS and its gargantuan proportions.

But it's a great stadium to see level of performance

But it's a great stadium to see level of performance

While other DCP threads today are predicting score jumps come Friday in so far as it will be July first,

this will be most interesting for corps competing at both Allentown and tiny Clifton, on consecutive nights June 30th and July first.. Will the Allentown judges be in the second tier even if the fans are denied this viewpoint? If so, they will be seated far higher than Clifton and more situated for the perspectives given at regionals.

What will also be interesting will be what comparisons may vary with corps having to shift housing for two contests less than fifty miles apart. For instance, Regiment will shift from Haverford, PA to Old Bridge, NJ, only 80 miles apart; interrupted sleep is never to the competitor's advantage. (Yes, I am aware of school schedule availabilities, costs especially on a holiday weekend, etc. I am speaking not as a critic of administration but rather looking to evaluate the performance of the competitors at the two shows.)

Edited by xandandl

I don't know if any corps has ever used infarsound to elicit a feeling of fear/anxiety in a show, but that would be REALLY cool, and could probably find a place in The Cadets show this year. You wouldn't even have to tell anybody you're doing it! Haha http://www.reactual.com/audio-equipment/tactile-sound/unusual-effects-infrasound.html

Edited by noahsigs

I don't know if any corps has ever used infarsound to elicit a feeling of fear/anxiety in a show, but that would be REALLY cool, and could probably find a place in The Cadets show this year. You wouldn't even have to tell anybody you're doing it! Haha http://www.reactual.com/audio-equipment/tactile-sound/unusual-effects-infrasound.html

"No... we have no idea why the judges are suffering panic attacks and the audience becomes nauseous during our production"... "Is that bad?..."

"No... we have no idea why the judges are suffering panic attacks and the audience becomes nauseous during our production"... "Is that bad?..."

It'd be great for GE! :cheesy:

It'd be great for GE! :cheesy:

Brings new meaning to "a design that really flows".
  • Like 1

While other DCP threads today are predicting score jumps come Friday in so far as it will be July first,

this will be most interesting for corps competing at both Allentown and tiny Clifton, on consecutive nights June 30th and July first.. Will the Allentown judges be in the second tier even if the fans are denied this viewpoint? If so, they will be seated far higher than Clifton and more situated for the perspectives given at regionals.

What will also be interesting will be what comparisons may vary with corps having to shift housing for two contests less than fifty miles apart. For instance, Regiment will shift from Haverford, PA to Old Bridge, NJ, only 80 miles apart; interrupted sleep is never to the competitor's advantage. (Yes, I am aware of school schedule availabilities, costs especially on a holiday weekend, etc. I am speaking not as a critic of administration but rather looking to evaluate the performance of the competitors at the two shows.)

Are the housing locations posted someplace? I am off tomorrow, so I would love to go visit somebody to watch them practice.

Edited by MikeD