Cadets 2016

Tobias

it's awesome when people come on and just drop a little nugget and then run away leaving everyone to assume the worse

do you know why the cook left? do you REALLY know?

It's so ridiculous. I don't know where they come from, but they come into Cadets thread, take a dump and leave. I like DCP for the creative criticisms that are sometimes very informative but you have about 10 people that never say anything positive.

It's so ridiculous. I don't know where they come from, but they come into Cadets thread, take a dump and leave. I like DCP for the creative criticisms that are sometimes very informative but you have about 10 people that never say anything positive.

If been on the boards a long time and use to post a lot until this thread and many others became a place to attack people. Now, I usually just lurk and read. I'm not interested in getting into it with people. Thank you for proving my point. I'm not about to offer details when I am being called out for no reason. Perhaps the number of folks who liked my initial post indicates that I am right.

• Like 2

after seeing the show last night live (from the 50) I just watched this video view from the 25 yard line or so...

corps is improving very quickly - guard in particular, as others have noted

it's important to remember we are ONE WEEK into the season, not 2 as others have commented

Guard is becoming a plus for the corps - and in another week or two should be something very special - such a great step forward for them

similar to my comments last night:

1. changes to closer huge improvement

2. lots and lots of cleaning to do

3. percussion and brass are stellar - some music underneath the drum features needs to be tweaked or cleaned out altogether to let the battery shine

4. electronic balance in the reworked closer was too loud - from this outside the 30's video it isn't as noticeable as it was from high up on 50 last night where I saw it live and all the speakers were literally aiming straight at me

5. better staging and body work in the opener and some reworked staging in the guard is really necessary to push this show up GE wise to the next level

6. I like that the statues awakening story line is pretty non-literally now - the guy on the podium side-2 is not the distraction he was a week ago, more the "Leader of the statues" now, as Adonis, guiding them and directing them...

Anyway - cool show. I like it! Lots of work to do!

George

• Like 2

How have I "run away"?

If you have spent anytime with the Cadets on tour you know exactly what happened. Rocket science this is not.

Uh huh. Because I know what happened, and you seem like your "supposing" or frankly assuming the "chef" was treated badly

You "ran away" because you put a statement out there and didn't explain what you were implying.

So - what exactly are you implying? Or are you just guessing?

Uh huh. Because I know what happened, and you seem like your "supposing" or frankly assuming the "chef" was treated badly

You "ran away" because you put a statement out there and didn't explain what you were implying.

So - what exactly are you implying? Or are you just guessing?

Don't get into it George. Her post had a sarcastic overtone. More importantly, I agree with your talking points. I'll be there tonight up top. I do think the intial and final position of guard around non human podium can be done more effectively. They should be erect (guard not Adonis although I'm open for discussion there) in a statuesque poses. Do something with the hair flying around. We need 1-2 statues that remain human at end of show perhaps encircled by brass. (The under message of the show is the statues represent us and how we get stuck in our comfort zones, trapped by our insecurities. We try to break out, this demonstrated in the show when statues start off as infants crawling in first set, move into a playful mode and they dig being human and then until stark retreat back to their comfort zone, statues).

I guess my excitement is there's so much you can do with the show (vs making Xs all over the field).

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

If been on the boards a long time and use to post a lot until this thread and many others became a place to attack people. Now, I usually just lurk and read. I'm not interested in getting into it with people. Thank you for proving my point. I'm not about to offer details when I am being called out for no reason. Perhaps the number of folks who liked my initial post indicates that I am right.

like I thought... you don't know details. No one is "attacking you" - it's just irresponsible to post stuff on the internet supposing or alluding to the worst. Just calling you out for that - that's all

and as everyone knows - there's always 2 (or sometimes 3) versions of any story, one person's reality of how something "went down" is different than the others... So I would just assume what you have heard (or are supposing) is not the complete picture of the situation

I've heard 3 different "viewpoints" - and I don't begin to suppose I know the "whole truth"

Having managed people and organizations for decades, that's the way things work when managing teams...

Anyway - I apologize if you feel "attacked" - surely not my intention. Just pointing out that "alluding" to "people being treated" poorly isn't really the complete picture of what happened.

• Like 1

I'm a lurker too. But as an objective reader, it looks like you (drummergirl) are the one doing the attacking.

Don't act innocent when someone calls you out on it.

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 3

I'm a lurker too. But as an objective reader, it looks like you are the one doing the attacking.

Thanks.

So - anyway...

I'm quite excited the guard is so improved so quickly (1 week!)

Can't wait to see them by the first regional

• Like 1

I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation of my thoughts.

It is common knowledge how poorly many many volunteers and some paid folks have been treated while on tour over the years.

Again, it is all about how you treat people that you come into contact with daily.